Chapter 4 ***

Wednesday, 4:00

    I started getting ready for dinner with Andrew, curling my hair and picking out a nice, but casual outfit to wear. I decided to go with black jeans and my red and black flannel shirt. Bella nickered from the pasture, craving attention and I felt bad I couldn't always be around to give her it. Hmph. Maybe I'll get another horse to accompany her...
      I pulled on some cute black Doc Martens and grabbed my phone and headed to my truck. I pulled down the road aways, and smiled to myself as I saw Andrew pulling out of his driveway ahead of me.
      I came into town and my old truck halted in front of the shining new restaurant. It looked really out of place amongst the colorful, modern Toyotas, Fords, and Volkswagen Golfs. Well, to each his own...
       I walked quickly up to the counter and asked about the reservation Andrew had made, and the waitress led me to the table. I saw him sitting in the small, quiet room with only a few other empty tables. He waved and smiled. I pulled out a chair and noticed at that exact moment that I was wearing the same red and black flannel as he was. He smirked, and said "Stealing my look are you?" We got to laughing so hard that our faces were red and we had a serious case of the hiccups.
      The waitress came to take our orders and asked what each of us would like. I simply ordered a salad, as I don't eat meat. Andrew ordered a steak, but looked like he immediately regretted it. He looked over at me and said "I do hope it doesn't offend you that I'm Ehm eating... A steak?"
      I giggled, and replied "Not in the least, each person has his own taste."
He gave a sigh of relief, and chuckled.
We got our food and I tried to not eat like a horse as I did while alone at home.

                *    *    *    *
Andrew's perspective

      I asked Alice about herself, considering I had known her only for 3 days now. She replied "I ride horses a lot and have a horse of my own." I asked about her horse. "Her name is Bella. She's a very sweet and friendly horse, and I might soon get her a companion." Alice asked me about my hobbies. "I do enjoy a good book, and writing music is always good when I'm not on tour."
* * * *

Alice's perspective
      I can't believe tonight. It was just plain amazing! Andrew offered to drive me home, but realized I had driven myself. He blushed, chuckled and ran his fingers through his dark, curly hair. I asked him if he wanted to come to visit my house. "If I may" he replied. So he drove home and then met me at my flat. He gazed out on my modest little 4-acre property and smiled. "Alice, I envy your beautiful flat."
      I led him down to Bella's stable. Bella snorted loudly and flew out of the stable to greet us. She gave Andrew the once-around before settling on giving his hair a nibble. He smirked. "I guess all the young ladies do like my hair!" I was bowled over, cracking up. I fed Bella and we walked out of the stable, Skip on our heels.