Chapter 21 ***

The picture is of me :) I dressed like our Alice the other day when I was with Miss Bella ❤️ enjoy this next chapter, loves!

      We boarded the elevator with the rest of the band and Andy told everyone that the lady told him he was "smokin' hot". We were all doubled over laughing at this odd compliment. Everyone got off the plane and filed out to their rooms. Andy unlocked ours and we simultaneously let out a small gasp at how nice our room was. There was maroon, plush carpet complimented by a dark mahogany bed and matching chairs and a large window with pretty curtains. I sat my bag down and realized there was one bed instead of two. That sneaky, sneaky little Andy. I glared pretending to be mad at Andy and tapped my foot. "Where's the other bed, Andy?" He placed his hand on his neck awkwardly and shrugged. Ok then. Andy looked like a scolded puppy. "This was the only good room they had..." I smiled. "It's totally fine, baby."
The night goes quickly and we order waffles from room service for breakfast in the morning. Andy scarfs his down like a feral animal and looks embarrassed when I laugh super hard at the spectacle. Andy is putting some random clothes from yesterday away and I notice he's softly singing the lyrics to 'Run'. I pick up where he leaves off and he's caught off guard for a second. "Alice! I'm so proud of you, my darling! You are confident with your beautiful voice finally."
"Anyone who sings next to you, who has the voice of an angel has to have a big lick of confidence. You're so amazing you make everyone else look bad." I say with a giggle. We get ready for Coachella(!) and Andy puts on a white button down with an olive jacket and dark jeans. He compliments the look with some ray bans and big brown boots. I opt out of the stereotypical "Coachella look", knowing how ridiculous my body would look crammed into tight as-can-be crop tops and shorts that rival underwear in length. So instead I wear a red and black flannel with black leggings, my hair down and ray bans. I smile upon realizing I've  brought my horse riding boots! They match my outfit so I wear them. Mia texts me with great news: Alana's throat is finally better! She can sing with the band again so I get the day off. Andy doesn't want me to get too nervous in front of a massive crowd like we'll be seeing today.
      I run with Andy down the hotel hallway and we drive our rental car to the festival grounds. Andy pulls into a fenced off parking lot for our fellow musicians performing at Coachella. Andy grabs my guitar out of the car's backseat, laying it in my hands gently as walk to the stage where he will sing today. There are already some festival-goers strolling around the grounds, and I notice a group of stoners to the left of the stage view. They're stumbling around like idiots and Andy and I can't help but laugh.
      Girls in flower crowns and lace crop tops dominate most of the large mobs of people milling about. As I gaze over the lush, green grass of the festival grounds, I am looking forward my day off. The idea both excites and unnerves me. The prospect of the media bothering me is creepy, but I'm not as much of an introvert as Andy, I just happen to be about double the awkward he is.
      While nobody is around yet, Andy grabs one of his (numerous) guitars while I pick up mine. We sit on some random, semi dusty crates to duet. Today I pick to do 'Run'. I love that song so so so much. Andy looks very deep into my eyes as he sings the first couple lines, and I don't look away this time.
      He really is a mysterious creature. So much different from most other celebrity men. He's everything they're not: pale, tall, humble, introverted and best of all, kind. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He could've picked someone, anyone else in this world of 7 billion people, but he chose me. Ordinary, simple Alice Morgan. It greatly perplexes me to this very day. But here I am, on tour with literally the most handsome man alive.
      We finish playing the song and Andy seems more relaxed than usual this morning. He has all but stopped running hands through his hair nervously. He looks up from putting his  guitar in its case, smiling. "Will you be here while we perform today? I know it's a lot to ask..." I nod. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, baby." His small smile grows in size and he sets his guitar down.
      It's time for the soundcheck, so I give Andy one last hug, wishing him and everyone else good luck. It's time to head out to explore, and I put on a face-concealing cowboy hat so as not to be recognized by anyone. I really don't feel social today. A sigh escapes me as a group of teenagers run up to me. "Are you Alice Morgan?", one asks. I nod hesitantly. She squeals and her friends excitedly group-hug.
      "Can we get a picture with you?" Another girl asks. I pull off my hat, and nod. While I pose for a picture with them, they ask some questions about my relationship with Andy. I answer the questions, then wave goodbye to the girls and put my hat back on. I glanced at my phone. It was only about noon by now. I strolled around and listened to some of my favorite bands like Alabama Shakes and Fitz and The Tantrums.
      I get noticed by a collection of fans of Andy's and, even being a total extrovert like I am, I am the most awkward person. It's 4:00 now, and Andy goes on in two hours. I run like a freaking fool to get to his stage in time to get a good spot. I luckily am right at the barrier to the stage and can see perfectly. I look at pictures of the horses on my phone until Andy is ready to come out. I text him the message: 'I love you, baby! I'm right in front. See you in a minute 💜'. He replies really quickly and a very enthusiastic fan next to me about screams when she sees his text show up on my phone. "OMG YOU KNOW HOZIER?? I'M LIKE HIS BIGGEST FAN!!" I giggle and nod.
      The girl introduces herself as Annie. I tell her who I am, and she nearly loses it. "I can probably arrange for you to meet Andrew if you're interested..." I offer to her. She hugs me like a boa constrictor, thanking me a billion times before Andy humbly walks onto stage with the band. He looks nervous as he takes up microphone. "Ehm... Hi everyone. Thank you genuinely for coming today. It means a lot."
       He scans the crowd looking for me. "This is my first performance at a festival this large, so please forgive me for being a little shaky." He says. I catch Andy's eye at last and watch him instantly relax. A wild blonde girl with cat-eye sunglasses runs up to Andy on stage and introduces herself. I let out a soft snort. "Hi I'm Este Haim!!" She covers 'Jungle Love' with Andy and the band I'm embarrassed to say that I was jealous of her. I mean, have you seen her? She's beautiful!
I wrinkle my nose a little bit and raise an eyebrow when the two are getting wayyy to cozy up on stage... Annie puts her hand on my shoulder and I realize I look like a weirdo, glaring mercilessly in Andy's direction when I should be smiling at this magical concert. Andy sees me and his eyes flash. Quickly, a hand runs up his neck and he parts through his hair with his fingers.
Andy plays well through the rest of the songs in his 50-minute set, but is shooting nervous glances in my direction throughout each song. By this time, other people in the audience have noticed Andy and I meeting glances frequently and are giving me questioning looks. Some look me over with a flicker of recognition, and others just gawk jealously.
Andy waves at his fans, and walks off stage, his black glittery Gibson guitar in hand. I practically drag Annie after me to allow her to meet my boyfriend, whom I am quite cross with at the moment. I run around to backstage and push through a thick cloud of fans, unlocking the gate with a key hanging on a lanyard around my neck. Andy is already taking pictures with fans and I put Annie about 5th in line.
Andy greets her politely and signs a couple of things for her. I pass Annie my phone number so we can stay in touch. She hugs me and thanks me for letting her meet Andy, who is looking like a scolded puppy as he sees me coming over. I think about telling him what I'm really feeling but I'm not one to let many feelings out. I just hug him. He relaxes, apologizing profusely for getting too comfortable with Este on stage. With that, we ditch the Coachella scene to go be antisocial and play guitars. Frankly, that's what we do best.