Chapter 32 ***

Hi guys!! It's been forever since I've published another story :( I got very busy with everything, so I will attempt to finish at least one chapter a week if possible. Thanks all for reading!!

September 20th, 2015

Maeve threw open the bedroom door. "Alice, I know you're pissed at the world right now, but you have a band, a dog, and a horse who really need you." I look up from my gallon container of mint chip ice cream. "Why?" Maeve rolls her eyes. "Alice. You can't just sit in the dark eating ice cream and watching the Star Wars movies for the rest of your life. It's been 9 days..." I pause the current movie I'm watching, The Empire Strikes Back. Maeve, always the stubborn type, stands with her hands on her hips. "Alice, up, now."  I groan, and get up begrudgingly. "Andrew needs you back in a couple days... The band needs you!" I nod, turning to grab my red and black flannel Andrew sent with me. It still smells like him, leathery and like soap. A dense layer of fog lays like a blanket over Wicklow, and I can scarcely see the barn. Benji smells me and nickers. I feel awful for him, he's probably feeling the same pain I am from losing Bella. She was both of our best friend. Maeve meets me down in the barn, where I sit on a hay bale braiding Benji's mane. I glance in Maeve's direction. "Any chance you want to check out the sales barn?" Maeve's eyes light up. "Of course! I didn't think you'd come around!" I load up the battered old white horse trailer and put a spare halter in Snowy, my Dodge Ram truck. Snowy starts up without a hitch today, much to my delight, as he's not exactly a new car at around 26 years of age, but he still runs. Maeve jumps into my passenger side, and we make the hour and a half trek to the sales barn. I grin as Maeve turns on Beyoncé. She perfectly lip syncs every lyric to Single Ladies and Crazy in Love. The windshield wipers are working madly to keep the light rain from obstructing my view. When we finally reach the bustling parking lot of the Sales Barn, Maeve fist pumps in the air like Bender in the end of The Breakfast Club. We run, squealing like children, to the softly-glowing entry of the barn. Inside, it smells like horse sweat, and popcorn. Maeve scans the room for any possible horses to bring home. Her green eyes  catch on a short, 14.5 hand Fjord horse. She grabs my hand and sprints up to the owner. "Is your horse for sale?!" The owner startles. "Whoa, missy, yes he is..." She jumps up and yells "Yes!". I calmly step in. "What's your asking price, sir?" He puts a finger to his lip. "Probably £1,250." It's a little expensive, but last I checked, as Hozier's band mate, I make pretty good money. "We'll take him." The owner smiles. "His name's Rethel, but we call 'im Rhett around the barn."