Chapter 19 ***

The picture is of Skip :)

Andy and I fool around while getting ready for the sound check and eventually the concert, and we're running late. We are quoting movies and books and he has a really good impression of a stupid professor. He tucks his bottom jaw to make an overbite and widens his eyes and starts talking. "If I could have students take any knowledge from my class... Oh crap! Alice! We're late!" I scramble like Bambi on ice to grab everything we would need and we run out the door.
We end up making it to the venue on time *thank goodness*. Everything is going well which is good. I sit on an old wooden crate as we hang out around the stage while we wait for the performance to near. Andy puts a guitar in my hands and grabs his own. "Alice. I think we should duet." I put the guitar in its proper position in my lap and nod. Andy sits down on a crate next to mine. "What do you want to play?" He shrugs. "How about 'Blue Jeans and White T-shirts' by Gaslight Anthem?" I squeal. "Yes! How did you know I love this one?" Andy raises an eyebrow. "Your phone's pass code was too easy to figure out. I looked at your iTunes and this one had been played 150 times..." I giggle and run my hand through some hair that was in my eyes.
      Mia saw us starting to play, and grabbed her phone and ran over to record us playing. I strummed the intro and Andy did the same. "We are the boys from little Eden, we are the heart of Saturday night. Drank from the fountains of the fireworks, sweat and bones for better lives. Like a chorus sung together, like our arms and our brother's arms. Called every girl we ever met Maria, but I only love Virginia's heart..." We continued to the chorus, my absolute favorite part. "Still we sing with our heroes, 33 rounds per minute, and never going home until the sun says we're finished. And I'll love you forever if I ever love at all, wild hearts, blue jeans and white t shirts, with wild hearts, blue jeans and white t shirts." After we finished the song, the band was clapping for us. My face turned red, as I'm usually not one to perform in front of people. Andy and I hugged and we made ourselves busy getting ready for the performance. I looked at my Instagram to see Mia had posted a small part of Andy and I singing. She luckily had cropped the video to just show the guitars and not us.
      My Instagram notifications had blown up since Andy and I were on the news this morning, and my once 120 followers had skyrocketed to nearly 500 in a matter of hours. I went to go put on makeup and fix my currently ponytailed hair for the show. This only took a matter of minutes and I was ready rather quickly. I trot around looking for Andy.
      He and Alex were eating Cheetos around a large ottoman in Andy's dressing room. Andy is busy stuffing his cheeks with the Cheetos when he looks at Alex to see that he has stuck some in his lips to look like a walrus. Andy laughs so hard that nearly all of the Cheetos he had shoved into his mouth fall out. I'm not going to interrupt the bromance. This is too good to be stopped. I call Mia over to watch the boys mess around and soon, both of us have several sneaky videos of them acting like doofuses.
      Andy looks at the time and announces to Alex that "We have no more time for activities.", and that they need to get ready to go on stage. Andy soon strolls out, looking hella fab. He has got on the famed flannel and dark leather jacket and dark jeans. His mane is loose from the man-bun, and he shakes it like a shaggy dog before we go out to perform. He kisses me and wishes me luck and I do the same for him, but I have to jump up to be able to kiss him. He tucks a lock of hair out of his eyes and waves humbly at the masses of people as he goes on stage.
Alex, Rory, Lorraine, Mia, Alana, Rachel and I soon follow Andy and we take up our usual spots. Andy talks to his fans and then introduces us and starts playing 'To Be Alone'. We go on to the others in the set and he calls me over for 'In A Week'. Alana smiles at me as I pick up a microphone. Luckily I have, over the two other shows we've done, gotten over most of my stage fright. Andy's calming presence helps me be calm too, just seeing how he humbly owns the stage. We start singing and the crowd turns silent. The photographers from multiple gossip magazines vie to snap photo after photo to show our "secret relationship". After we finish the song, Andy suggests we play 'Blue Jeans and White T Shirts' again, and I agree to, much to the audience's delight. He glances up at me periodically throughout the song and I smile back and internally fangirl. I still can't believe this is real. We finish up the concert and I run backstage after Andy, whose large strides are not easy to keep up with.
Andy is getting ready for the fans with backstage passes to come by and he wraps me in a warm hug and tells me I did great tonight. I grin up at him. "We really need to do 'Blue Jeans And White T-Shirts' again. You sounded great!" The large group of fans come -literally- screaming around the corner and onto backstage. Andy lets go of me and his eyes widen and he runs a hand through his hair. I stand at a distance next to Alex. I cringe heavily as multiple girls, around my age, put their hands on Andy's backside while they take pictures with him. Alex sighs and shakes his head. When the crowd of fans thins and disappears, Andy walks quickly to the waiting bus.
I run to catch up to him and grasp his hand. I try to talk to him, but he's cold and distant. Something here is very wrong. I wait until we go to our hotel room to ask what was wrong. He goes with me to our room and I open the door for him as he slides in. He sighs and slumps onto his bed. Andy puts his face in his hands and I notice he seems to be crying. I softly sit next to him. "Andy, what happened?" My voice is coated with concern. He tries to tell me, but his hands muffle what he said and I can't understand. He realizes this and sits up slightly. "Alice..." His voice cracks, but he continues. "Just... When the fans... Ehm... Put their hands on me the way they were... It just..." He looks up at me sadly and I pull him into a hug. "I know it's stupid... But it doesn't feel right to me." He finishes and relaxes a little. A soft sob escapes him and I start to reassure him. "I understand. I wouldn't want them to do that to me either."