Chapter 9 ***

Overview of Alice's home (my grandpa's real-life cabin) taken from the top of the roof, you can see the barn in the top left corner. If you really zoom in, you can see Skip on the right, standing on the roof too. Thank you all so so much for reading my story. It was made possible by late nights, blues music, the movie Rushmore, and of course Hozier and Bella.
* * *
Andy and the band waited for my answer patiently. I was shocked that I might be touring with my absolute favorite musician and boyfriend for a whole year! I answered finally. "I would absolutely love to," Andrew smiled and looked at Alex. "I just need to make arrangements for the horses and Skip."
Andy sighed and relaxed. "I'm so glad you're coming." We went on with dinner and had a wonderful time. It was only around 6:00 when we finished eating and headed out. The band wanted to come meet my horses and Skip, so we drove to my flat.
I saddled up Bella and Benji and we walked up to the small arena so they could give the band rides. The horses behaved exceptionally. The night went very fast, and I took everyone back to Andrew's house to their cars so they could go home. Andy decided to stay at my house so we could work out our plans for the tour. "Well, Skip can probably come if he doesn't mind the bus." I nodded, "Perfect." Then he ran his hands through his hair and looked out the window at the two horses. "What about them?" He asked. I got an idea. Maeve!
"My friend, Maeve can stay and take care of them!" Maeve had always wanted horses and a flat like mine, and still lived with her parents and wanted to move out. I called her, and she picked up; half asleep. "Hello?"
"Hi Maeve! It's Alice!" There was a short pause. "What do you need at 10:00 at night?" I giggled and answered her. "I'm going to be touring with Hozier starting in March, and lasting until next March. I need someone to care for my house and the horses while I'm gone." I heard a girly shriek and she screamed "YESSS! ABSOLUTELY!" Andrew looked at me questioningly as he heard Maeve's enthusiasm. He chucked, "I'm guessing she said yes?" I nodded. "If you want, you can just live here while I'm gone."
Another happy shriek aroused from Maeve.
I still had another month before it was time to tour, and I told Maeve she could live with me for the week before we left for San Francisco so she could get used to the routine. I hung up the phone. "Do you sing?" Andy asked me. "I do, I just am not very confident in my voice..." I answered, pulling my rubber band out of my hair. I flipped my thick, wavy brown hair to part it. Andy smiled. "Well I won't judge. You should sing for me, Alice."
I blushed, and sighed. "Ok, but don't get any crazy ideas!" I  play guitar, and I pulled it off its stand in the corner of my bedroom, which we were currently in. I strummed the beginning chords to 'Cherry Wine'. I began singing, soft and low. "Her eyes and words are so icy. Oh but she burns, like rum on a fire..."
I finished, and Andy clapped and kissed me on the cheek. "Alice! Why do you hide your beautiful voice from the world?" He praised. My cheeks reddened. "Thank you, Andy."

My contact lenses were getting very dry, as it was past 11:00 now, and I went to take them out. I put on my vintage-looking glasses and walked out to my room. "I'm going to quick check on the horses before we go to sleep." I told Andy. "I'm coming too!" He quickly exclaimed.
      Andrew looked over at me as we were walking to the barn. "You look lovely with glasses, Alice." he complimented as he slipped on his own. I poked him with my elbow. "You too, Andy!" We threw 7 flakes of hay in the manger for the horses to eat once we made it to the barn. I sat on an old blanket that was draped over the hay bales as Andrew and I watched the horses eat. He plopped down next time. We laid down on the hay bale and he pulled me in for a snuggle. It was  around midnight, so the both of us were in a tired, zombie-esque state. I closed my eyes and he closed his, and we drifted off to sleep.