Chapter Eight

Minah arrived at the guy’s dorm in a hurry, ringing the doorbell multiple times before she was let in by none other than Chen. They stared at each other for a while, awkwardness filling the air before he finally went back to reality, letting you in.

“Ohh! Noona’s here.” Sehun beamed, hugging the petite girl into his embrace. “Joohyun’s still crying and it’s really bad. She won’t listen to us and keeps on sobbing. Hyung over there,” he looked up, pointing with his eyes towards Jongdae in a blaming manner, “probably scared her with his yelling and all.” the maknae dished out to the older woman.

“You guys are hopeless.” she sighed, shaking her head as she moved past Sehun to see her godchild.

After a few moments of the guys saying their apologetic greetings, Minah found Suho’s room, witnessing Joohyun cry to her dad’s chest, clutching onto her small ladybug doll that she had kept for years.

“Aunt Minah!” Joohyun sniffled, quickly leaving Suho’s arm to run towards her aunt.

“Shh, I know  baby. I know.” Minah shushed, wrapping her arms around the girl, rubbing her back softly to comfort her.

The rest of the guys watched, Chen having more interest than the rest, seeing his ex-girlfriend finally in front of him after five long years engage with the little girl, bringing her comfort.

It only took Minah a couple of minutes to bring Joohyun back to bed, tucking her back in bed, then placing a soft kiss on her forehead before heading down to meet the guys and possibly even scold them.

“Minah, I can explain.” said the leader right away, seeing the girl walk towards them in the living room.

The rest of Exo listened carefully, guilty of being childish and not being responsible adults.

Chen stood up, all eyes turning towards him as he sighed. “No, hyung, it was my fault.” he said, while the rest nodded childishly. Jongdae cleared his throat, putting his hands to both his pockets before saying, “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

Minah was quite surprised, still unsure if she wanted to hear his excuses, but she had to start somewhere. Maybe now was that only chance.

The two walked out to the balcony to get some privacy, intriguing some of the guys’ interest. “Is the balcony like the new conference room or something?” asked Chanyeol, scratching his head.

Outside, Minah refused to look at Jongdae directly, looking out to the scenery of the city.

“If you have something to say, just say it now. Let’s just get this over with.” Minah coldly attacked.

Chen understood why she was being like this, but he was still curious about what he saw tonight back at the airport that he just couldn’t let it go.

“Who was that man at the airport?”

After getting all their luggage, Jongdae spotted Minah hugging a tall and attractive man, bidding him a farewell as he we waved before moving on to the gates.

“Excuse me?” Minah scoffed in a surprise, thinking back about how she had dropped Min Guk earlier on.

Jongdae let out a throaty groan, getting more frustrated at why he was acting this way. “That guy. I saw you at the airport earlier before heading back here. Is he your boyfriend?”

“Wah! Kim Jongdae.” Minah softly almost whispered. “The fact that you would even ask that after everything we went through is just priceless.” she smiled mockingly. “And it doesn’t concern you the least bit who I go out with. At least that guy from earlier told me he was leaving. Did you even bother telling me you were leaving for China?” she asked like a threat, already knowing the answer.