Chapter Ten

Both you and Suho entered got out of his car, breathing in the cold morning air. You guys decided to go to the Han River to talk, and get some exercise walking while you guys were at it.

You slightly shivered as a strong wind passed by, Joonmyun, not failing to notice your actions as he took off his scarf and wrapped it around your neck. “Thanks…” you muttered softly, not rejecting his nice gesture.

He only smiled, putting his hands in his pocket as you both started walking, awkwardness filling the air. “Hyunji..” he started off slowly. “I know things have been really hard for you and Joohyun, and I’m sorry. Really, really sorry. If only there was a way that I could’ve been there for the both of you. What I don’t get is why you left. Did I do anything wrong? Was my love not enough for you?”

“Suho-”

“Will you please stop calling me that?” he said in a more tempered manner. He hated it when you called him that. It wasn’t him. That name is just a brand name the company wanted the world to know, but the real him is Joonmyun. Suho might be forgotten one day, but he will always be Joonmyun.

“It wasn’t you, okay?” you said shortly after. This was it. You were really going to tell him everything that happened the day after your anniversary.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

SIX YEARS AGO

“I’m here to see Mr. Go Yeon Woo.” you smiled the receptionist, quickly leading you towards SM Entertainment’s General Manager’s office.

“He’ll be with you shortly.” she said politely, leaving you in a nicely decorated office before bowing.

You met Mr. Go afterwards, exchanging nice greetings towards each other before everything went downhill from there.

“Look, Ms. Shin. I’ll get right to the point. You have to break up with Kim Joonmyun.” he said forwardly, his expression so stern.

You were so dumbfounded. How would he know? Sure, you knew about their no-dating policy, but you guys had been so careful. All six of you were, when it came to going on dates and such. None of the guys, nor the girls, would dare say anything.

Mr. Go took in a deep breath from your lack of response. “I know it’s going to be hard, but from what I heard from my daughter, you guys are getting pretty serious.”

Daughter? Who the heck was his daughter?

Then it struck you… Jae-in. Go Jae-in. Yeon Woo. Go Yeon Woo.

You left the building as quick as you could, not even bothering to respond to Mr. Go, trying to process everything in your mind. Jae-in. Why would she betray you? How could she?

You fished out your phone from your purse, thinking of calling Joonmyun of what to do. Surely, he’ll know right? But then it hit you. He would be busy. You didn’t want to add more burden to him.

Minah wasn’t answering either, leaving you with no choice but to call Jae-in. You tried your hardest to stay calm as you walked the crowded streets, hoping Jae-in wouldn’t answer, afraid of what the truth behind everything would be.

“Hello?” a deep voice from the other line answered. Chanyeol.

“Y-Yeah. Chanyeol. I-It’s me, Hyunji.” you slowly started to stutter. “May I speak to Jae-in please?”

“Is everything okay?” he asked with concern, from the unusual tone of your voice.

“Yes, everything’s fine.” you lied, trying your best to sound like yourself as much as possible.

“Well, she just left a few minutes ago to go see her dad, but I guess she left her phone.”

Of course. She would go and see her dad. After hearing from him, the way you saw her completely changed. How could she do this to you?

“Hyunji..” Chanyeol spoke, snapping you out of your thoughts.

“O-Oh, yeah. I’m still here.” you said to the phone in a hurry. “Thanks for telling me where she was. I’ll see you—”

“Where are you right now?” he suddenly interrupted you. “Is Joonmyun hyung there?”

“Chan—”

“Look, where are you?” he said with a more serious tone this time.

Surely short after Chanyeol came to the nearby cafe you instructed him to come to, sitting on the chair across from you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“HYUNJI!!” you suddenly hear a familiar voice call out your name. Both you and Suho’s head turn to the direction of the petite girl rushing to the two of you.

Jae-in. Of course it would be her at a time like this.

“Joonmyun before she says anything, you have to promise you’ll believe me no matter—”

The confused Suho looked at you doubtedly, before you were interrupted by the girl running towards both of you.

“Hyunji, Joonmyun.” Jae-in panted, taking deep breaths as she faced the two of you.

You eyed her carefully, wanting to know what she wanted to say, and how much more she wanted to ruin your life.

Short, but a filling chapter, maybe? Hope you liked it. I left a cliffhanger on purpose, hehe, don’t hate me. >~<