Chapter Nine

Joohyun woke up from the smell of breakfast filling up her senses, lazily rubbing her eyes with her small hands. She got out of Suho’s bed, her ladybug companion in tow. She gets out of her dad’s room, managing to stumble upon another visitor of the house, someone who she seen before.

“Hey there, little one.” Luhan cooed, squatting quickly to meet her eyes. “You must be Miss Joohyun.” he said charmingly, causing the sleepy Joohyun to chuckle a little from being called a miss.

Joohyun smiles at the handsome man in front of her, nodding her head. “Is appa here?” she asks cutely, along with a yawn. All the things that she witnessed the night before had been buried away, and she wasn’t scared anymore. After she had been sent off to sleep by her Aunt Minah, she knew everything would be alright the next day like her aunt promised.

“Hyung! Stop taking my shirt!” Jongdae complained, still ruffling his hair from the mess. He looked down at his elder, accompanied by the little girl, who he managed to scare off last night. “Ohh.. Sorry, I didn’t mean to yell.” he muttered softly this time, trying to give the unshaken little girl a sincere smile.

Surely enough, Joohyun returned the smile, knowing exactly who he was, having heard a lot from her aunt and mother. “It’s okay Uncle Jongdae, this ahjussi (old man) should stop taking your shirt.” she laughed, teasing the young looking man, leaving him shocked from having someone calling him an ahjussi for the first time.

“Hey!” Luhan laughed along, embracing Joohyun into his arms and lifting her up into a bear hug, sharing fits of screams and laughter. “If anyone here is an ahjussi, it should be that stingy one over there.” he pointed to Chen, after putting her down gently.

“Breakfast time!!!” Kyungsoo shouted as loud as he could, smiling at Joohyun who was making her way downstairs followed by Luhan and Chen.

The sound of Kyungsoo’s voice and the mention of breakfast, quickly woken the two maknaes up, quickly getting out of their beds, running out of their rooms and into the kitchen in a matter of seconds.

“Hyunnie~ Good morning.” Suho beamed, welcoming her into his arms as she descended at the last step of the stairs, taking her to the kitchen and setting her down beside him.

All throughout breakfast, Chen remained quiet, still trying to figure out how Joohyun knew his name from upstairs.

“Jongdae, are you okay?” Joonmyun asked worriedly, snapping the member back as he nodded his head quickly.

“Yeah.. Sorry about last night hyung. I was just irritated from what I saw at the airport.”he confessed, stuffing a piece of bacon into his mouth.

The rest of the guys looked at Minseok and Luhan, asking for more information, but they just shrugged, neither knowing what the cause was, too.

The table went quiet, and Joohyun looked around, still cluelessly eating her pancakes, tugging onto the hem of Suho’s shirt to bring his head down.

“Does that uncle not like me?” she innocently asks in a whisper, causing Joonmyun to chuckle at her silliness.

“No, princess. It’s not that. That uncle is just sad about something, that’s why he’s being like that.” he explained to reassure her, making the other guys also chuckle at Joohyun’s cuteness.

“So what did you see at the airport?” Baekhyun asked, curious to why the usually calm headed Jongdae was in an outburst last night.

Jongdae sighed, knowing he can never keep anything from the guys. “It was Minah, okay. She was with this stupid guy, dropping him off at the airport and even kissing his cheeks goodbye.” he blurted out, stabbing his pancakes out of jealousy to the male he saw with Minah.

Joohyun hearing this, laughed out loud, turning everyone’s head towards her with curiosity. “Uncle Jongdae is so silly.” she chuckled. “Aunt Minah was just dropping off Uncle Minyul to the airport since he’s going to study in Japan.”

“Minyul?” Kai mouthed to Sehun, both their mouths stuffed with food, the latter shrugging, since they’ve never heard of a Minyul.

“Who’s Minyul?” Baekhyun asks Joohyun, since Chen was too dumbfounded to ask,

The little girl took a sip of her orange juice, setting it down on the table, facing Jongdae with a smile. “Don’t worry Uncle Jongdae, Uncle Minyul is just Aunt Minah’s cousin. He’s been staying with her for a while before getting ready to leave for his studies.”

Jongdae blushed, looking down at his food, feeling stupid at his jealousness, while the rest of the guys teased him and laughed.

Everything was going well, the guys were having fun with each other, Joohyun was getting along well with them. Suho couldn’t be more happy, witnessing his child smile and laugh along with the rest of the members that he considers as brothers.

“Where’s Chanyeol hyung?” Sehun asks, looking around.

“Duty calls. Jae-in called in early in the morning and he went running off right away.” Kai explained. “He was so loud, he woke up me up.” he complained bitterly, taking a bite of his pancake and smiling once again.

Chanyeol. That’s right. Suho still had questions for him.

Just then, Suho’s thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell.

She’s here, he thought. She’s going to take away Joohyun…

“Umma.” the little girl exclaimed, getting off her chair quickly to give her mother a hug. It seemed like forever that they haven’t seen together, only being away from each other one night.

“My baby.” you chuckled, picking your daughter up for a hug.

“I’m also here.” Minah peeked from behind you, everyone but Jongdae, welcoming the ladies that just arrived.

You and Minah were forced by the guys to stay a little and eat breakfast with them, laughing and sharing stories after the long years of not seeing each other. Baekhyun being the closest to you, smiled, mouthing that you were in trouble, for not explaining things to him over these years.

Everything was like how it was used to be. You remembered so well how happy you’d get just being with Joonmyun and the guys, but everything has changed.

“Are you ready to go?” you asked Joohyun after thanking Kyungsoo for the delicious meal.

“Do I have to now? Can’t I stay a little longer?” your daughter pleaded, everyone else in the room thinking the same thing. They were very fond of Joohyun and just taking her away now would be cruel. But, you had to. You had to think what’s best for her.

“Hyunji..” Joonmyun interrupted. “If it’s okay, can we talk?” he asked, looking at you with his pleading brown eyes. There was no way he was going to let Joohyun go after just finding out he had a daughter. He needed her.

He needed you.

“Joonmyun, I can’t. I have to take Joohyun home.”

“I’ll be here.” Minah offered, wanting you to finally talk to Suho and set things straight. “I’ll stay and watch Joohyun with the rest of the guys.”

You shot her a glare, defeated by her logic, and everyone else agreeing to the idea.

Minah pulled you to the side as you whined, asking her what you should do and how you would explain everything that has happened from six years ago to the man whom you loved so much.

“Hey, hey. Listen. It’ll be okay. I believe in you. Just tell him everything. Think of Joohyun.” she soothingly tried to cheer you up. “The truth needs to come out one way or another. You can’t hide the truth forever.” she added.

Sorry if it’s not edited, and sorry if it’s still a little slow. I promise the story will get better, so stay tuned.