Chapter Thirteen

“I still love you.” he said softly.

Why? How? Even after everything that happened? You wondered all these questions to yourself, never breaking your gaze towards the male in front of you. It’s been six, long years, surely, his feelings would’ve changed about you.

Suddenly, reality hit you that maybe, just maybe, you have been wrong all along. You had always thought your Joonmyun would come to resent you after finding out about Joohyun. You thought for sure he had already hated you for leaving. Yet, there he was in front of you, still the same gentle, loving person that he’s always been. He was right, he was still your Joonmyun.

Coming back to your state of consciousness, you opened your mouth to mutter a reply, but no words came out. You didn’t even know how to answer his confession. All you knew was you loved him, too.

“Before you say anything else.” he interrupted your thought. Walking closer to make the gap between the two of you shorter, his calm, settled eyes locked on yours, carefully moving the stray strand of hair behind your ear. In a matter of slow seconds, he continued to lean his head, reuniting his lips with yours in a soft, longing kiss.

It was like time stopped. The memories of your earlier years with Joonmyun came flying back like they were just yesterday. The first day you met him at school. The first time he talked to you at the rooftop. The first time he shyly asked you out. The first time you kissed… under the same tree you two stood now. It was then that you confirmed it. You were still in love with Kim Joonmyun. You snaked your hands around his neck, pulling him closer as you kissed back with much passion, delivering your message with that one kiss.

No matter what anyone else says, you knew this was real. Joonmyun was meant to be yours and you his. You weren’t afraid anymore. Even though you knew the road ahead would be rough. He was enough to get you out of your hiding.

The passionate kiss shared between the two of you were suddenly interrupted with a call.

Both of you stepped back in a panic, Suho rubbing the nape of his neck, with a crimson red blush, mirrored by yourself as you looked at the ground in silence. A few seconds passed before you remembered your phone ringing.

“Aish, where is it?” you whispered, as you searched through your purse. Unfortunately, the ringing stopped before you had found it, having a call from your best friend. Great timing, Minah, you thought to yourself.

You were typing her number on your phone before Suho’s phone started ringing. Suddenly, your heart started beating fast. You couldn’t explain what it was, but something about the whole situation was off.

Joonmyun must have sensed your worry because he walked closer again, tugging a small smile on his lips. “It’s just Chen. They probably just wanna know something.” he tried to sound reassuring, before he answered the phone.

“What is it?” he asked as he answered.

“Hyung..” Jongdae puffed with uneven breaths. He could hear loud chatterings in the background, the voices coming from his own members.

“What is it?” Suho asked a second time, getting more impatient.

“Give me the damn phone!” he heard a girl shout, knowing the voice as Minah’s. “Joonmyun-ah. Someone took Joohyun. We-we.. we tried to stop them, but..” she informed in a state of hysteria.

“Aish..” Suho heard Chen groan, as his voice got closer. “There were too many of them….”

You studied Joonmyun’s face as he talked on the phone, watching as all the color on his face disappear after only seconds of supposedly talking to Chen. He was too quiet for your liking. What was it that was so important?

“We’ll be there soon.” was his only answer before he put his phone down, not knowing what to say to you.

“What’s wrong?” your voice came out more strained than you thought, hoping that everything was okay.

Joonmyun didn’t know what to answer, but got straight to the point in the middle of the new chaos arising. “Someone took Joohyun.”