Chapter Nineteen

After the revelation, Hyunji was speechless, holding onto her daughter tightly as tears started to pool in her eyes. “I.. I don’t understand.” she mumbled, still processing the thought into her head, as some of the crazed fans started tapping on the tinted windows, hoping for their oppas.

“Oppa!!”

“Are you in there??”

“Come out, please!”

All these requests were deafening, until they just suddenly stopped.

“Ladies and gentlemen.” the familiar voice said, his voice being heard from all around the airport. Soon, all the fans moved quickly towards the lobby of the airport, screaming and pushing each other just to get closer to Chen’s angelic voice.

As the commotion continued on with Chen instructing their loving fans to be patient and be nice to each other, Mr. Park looked down on his cellphone, a smile forming on his mouth. “Mr. Yoo’s here. Let’s get this started.” he told Hyunji.

Mr. Park tapped on the glass of the car that separated the front and the back seats, revealing none other than Jongin and Kyungsoo, smiling from ear to ear.

“Mommy, the uncles are here!” squealed Joohyun with joy, quickly getting off her seat to move up, giving her two uncles a kiss on the cheek.

“What? How?” Hyunji asked, speechless.

“Sorry, noona. We couldn’t tell you sooner. Hyung’s orders.” Kyungsoo revealed, then getting out of the car along with Jongin on the driver’s side to open the doors for Hyunji and Joohyun.

“Ladies.” smiled Kai, opening the door for the mother and daughter, who stepped out, just in time for Mr. Yoo’s car to park beside them.

Mr. Yoo, quickly seeing the scene in front of him, got out of his car quickly, anger seething in within him. “What is this?” he screamed getting closer towards Hyunji, but was stopped by Tao, appearing out of nowhere.

“I wouldn’t get so close if I were you.” he warned, his eyes glaring at the spiteful man.

Mr. Yoo not listening well, tried to push off Tao, without any success, before Suho appeared, a small smile on his face upon seeing his family safe.

“Tao.” Suho nodded towards the panda, as Tao took hold of Mr. Yoo. Mr. Yoo’s goons, who were watching from behind, tried stepping up to stop the idol, but were stopped by Mr. Park, shaking his head.

“It’s all right, boys. You don’t work for him anymore. You work for her.” Mr. Park said, pointing towards Hyunji.

Suho got down on his feet, meeting his beautiful daughter for a hug. “My baby.” he said lovingly, wrapping his arms around his tiny daughter.

“Daddy, I was scared.” confessed Joohyun, who was now in tears. “I thought mommy and I weren’t gonna see you and the uncles anymore.”

Suho looked up to Hyunji with sorrow, hushing his little gir. “Baby, that’s never going to happen. Ever. Okay?” he said, pulling her to an arms length, wiping away her tears with his fingers. “Daddy and the uncles loves you and Mommy very much.”

He then got up, pulling Joohyun along as he carried her in his arms. Then as the fans looked back outside, they saw some of their oppas, bodyguards circling around the small commotion.

Before long, fans were trying to get outside pushing through the doors and the bodyguards.

“Everyone!” screamed Chen in panic, looking over Baekhyun and Chanyeol for help, who also got up to the small stage.

“Everyone, please, listen.” Chanyeol said in his low, husky tone, gathering the fans’ attention.

Baekhyun nodded, grabbing Chen’s microphone, before speaking. “We are here, inviting all of you today, because we have a special announcement to make.”

As the commotion inside started to settle down, the group outside sighed in relief. Tao was already inside along with Mr. Yoo and Mr. Park, Kai and D.O. tagging behind, holding onto Joohyun’s hands between them, leaving Hyunji and their leader alone.

Still speechless, Hyunji stood awkwardly, not knowing what to say. “Thank you.” she finally mustered up, looking at Joonmyun gratefully. “Joonmyun, I can’t even begin to tell you how-”

Before she could finish, she was interrupted by Suho, pulling her close and capturing her lips with his. All the worry, sadness, and sorrow disappeared from his body, as she kissed him back, showing all of her emotions towards the kiss.

As they both pulled away, trying to get their breathing back to normal, a grin formed on Suho’s lips, his hand wrapping Hyunji’s smaller ones securely, not wanting to let go.

“Joonmyun, really. Thank you.” she said sincerely, squeezing gently on his hand, with a smile as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Baby, don’t” Suho gently wiped the tear away. “I love you and I always will. Nothing will ever tear us apart. I would do anything to keep you and Joohyun safe and happy.” he said with a loving smile.

“Now let’s go finish all of this.”