Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 1:

I rolled over in bed and angrily reached to my side table for my alarm clock. I was going to disembowel that thing when I got my hands on it. I knew it! Trust my sister to pick out an alarm clock that doesn’t even ring! I sat up and scowled towards my side table – where was that clock?  I looked around myself surprised. This was definitely not my room – most definitely not my neighbourhood and almost positively not my country!

I stood up and brushed the dried grass off my pants, and glanced around again. The leaves and trees were unfamiliar to me – but then I never could tell the difference between plant life.

I squinted at the sky to try and figure out where the sun was – and it seemed to be early morning. “Thank heavens for small mercies” – I thought, as I started to trudge in a direction.  I couldn’t tell that either.

Ooops! Sorry! I didn’t introduce myself did I? My name is Ravera. No last names needed. I am twenty years old, and was until this morning living in Canada. I had a (fairly) peaceful life at my parent’s house, with my two younger sisters, and I was attending University. I have been hoping for a little excitement recently though – and maybe this will be just what I need.

Anyway, I walked through the forest for what seemed like hours. Maybe it was, I couldn’t tell – because I didn’t even have a watch. Even my clothes were different, sort of leathery and with many lairs. After a while, I made it to the edge of the forest. It had been a nice walk, and it hadn’t even tired me out because I do a lot of exercise. A lot. I am at the gym about twelve hours a week, and I swim for about that much to. Then I jog for an hour every morning, and race on the weekends. I also take the occasional class of kung-fu, sword fighting, and fencing. Now this might make me sound like an exercise maniac, but really, I am not! I just have to stay fit and trim! Survival of the fittest, eh?

The edge of the forest in sight I quickened my pace, and broke out of the forest. The sun was so bright that I squinted my eyes to keep them from burning.

What I saw made my mouth drop. I knew where I was now. But it wasn’t possible! Was it?