[28] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 28:

I stared in horror. We couldn’t be at that part could we? No! I wouldn’t let it happen!

I raced over to Frodo’s bags and dug around inside. Yes!

I grabbed it and raced towards the forest.

“Hurry!” – I screamed to the others frantically. “The others need help! They are super orcs!”

The others dropped what they were doing, and readied their weapons, following me into the forest.

I raced off the path, I had to find him! I had to!

‘Fred?’ – I thought panicked. ‘Please help me!’

‘Oh, fine!’ – Fred told me, ‘Since you asked nicely!’

‘Where is he?’ – I asked, my voice rising in panic.

‘Keep your shirt on!’ – Fred told me. ‘South, about two minutes, though the Urk-hei are closing in!’

I ran even faster, as Fred shouted directions. I got to the top of a hill and looked down. Boromir was racing forward to where Pippin and Merry stood surrounded. I knew what happened next, but I didn’t dare distract him.

I raced down the hill, slipping on the dry leaves, hacking apart anything that dared cross my path. The only thing on my mind was, ‘Will I get there in time?’

The voice tried to keep me calm. ‘Just focus, duck!’

I did, and an arrow shot over my head, sticking into the tree in front of me.

‘Thanks!’ – I told the voice as I lopped off the head of another super orc.

‘No problem-o!’ – Fred told me.

I dove around the nearest orc-thing, and ran in front of Boromir.

“What are you doing?” – he asked, but I wasn’t paying attention. I was searching for the lead Orc – Lurtz. The one who fires the fatal shots. There he was! And no!

The bow string quivered and all the sudden the arrow was flying right for Boromir. I didn’t even have enough time to tell him to duck. So I did what any normal person would do. I dove in front of the arrow. The force of it snapped my head back, but I used my sword to keep on my feet. Boromir was looking at my with horror. Not even minding the orc that was swinging a sword at his head. I lopped it’s head off before it could hurt Boromir. I spun around to see a second arrow flying. Boromir tried to pull me out of the way, but BLAM! I took it in the stomach. The shot knocked the breath out of me, and I tipped onto my knee’s though Boromir tried to pull me up.

“Behind you!” – I gasped, and he spun around, slicing an approaching super-orc in half.

Lurtz walked a few more steps, and shot another arrow, this time hitting me in the shoulder as I blocked Boromir. He spun around, but it was to late. I was already down, on my knee’s.

Lurtz stomped over in front of me and said, “You die know!”

“You first!” – I told him, and hacked off both arms, and then his head. I could still see the semi-surprised image as his head bounced away down the hill. I slumped to the ground, clutching my rib cage.

“No!” – Boromir moaned, as he laid me on the ground.

“I’m fine!” – I gasped, blood trickling down the side of my mouth.

He wiped it away, and cradled my head in his arms.

“Why?” – he asked, tears falling down onto me.

“I don’t belong here.” – I croaked, “You do. You have a future ahead of you……if I saved it!” – I gasped, and a cough shook my frame.

Boromir took my face gently between his hands.

“You can’t die Ravera!” – he told me.

I could hear his words fading, before he said sharply, “Look at me! You can’t die!”

I smiled and my eyes started to drift closed.

Boromir sobbed into my chest, his whole frame shaking. “No! Ravera, you can’t die!”

I heard footsteps, as something approached. The others gathered around, and Zena flung herself at me.

“She’s okay right? Minor injuries?” – Zena asked franticly.

Boromir didn’t answer, he just cradled my head as I tried to talk and only managed to bubble out blood.

Zena’s eyes filled with tears. “No!” – she gasped. “You can’t die, Ravera!”

I just smiled slowly, their faces already growing distant.

“No!” – Zena sobbed, throwing herself across me feet.

The last thing I saw was her and Boromir’s faces, just inches above my own.

“I love you!” – I mumbled, before everything went black.