[3] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 3:

My sister seemed shocked by this revelation, but I wasn’t. I mean there can’t be anything left to surprise me. What is more surprising then what’s already happened?

Gandalf looked over at us, “So if I asked you – you could tell me what would happen?”

I nodded, “I think so. The others haven’t met us, so I don’t think that they have been changed.”

Zena started to talk, ‘Well lets see, after Frodo got stabbed –“

Gandalf cut her off with a wave of his hand. “I need not know – this information will do me know good – for if what you say is true then our whole world is changed.”

He shook his head, wisely. (If you can shake your head wisely?) and spoke again, “I wouldn’t suggest telling the others what you know of the ‘future’ – it might cause a problem.” He looked thoughtful. “But, you can come to the council meeting that is going to happen later this evening. I suppose you already knew that?’

I felt sort of uncomfortable, but I nodded yes.

Gandalf said, “Very well. I think that you should come with me to see Elrond. Then he can decide what to do.”

After explaining the whole thing to Elrond – he decided the exact same thing as Gandalf and personally invited us both to the council.

For the rest of the day we walked around, looking at everything, and yattering (well Zena did). Elrond found us some dresses, but I refused to wear them – though I did thank him profusely. I liked my leather pants, and lairs of leather tops better.

Zena loved it here though. She got a bright green gown, and matching shoes, and had fun spinning around in it, so that she could watch the skirt whirl out around her.

She was talking to the elves so that she could learn elvish, but I was more interested in locating a sword. I finally found the ‘armory’ and located a sword that I could use. The person down there refused to let me pay – having already found out that we were from a different world.

Slightly frustrated I traveled back to the courtyard where Zena was.

I practiced with my new sword. Roll-up-parry-lunge and so on.

Zena was now best friends with Arwen – Elrond’s daughter. Which was odd because she always thought that she was whiny, and prissy.

Finally, supper/dinner/food time rolled around, and we were seated around a table piled with a huge banquet. I was pretty hungry but I watched the others to make sure I wasn’t missing any special elfy customs. I wouldn’t want to offend the head elves. They were all eating so I took some salad, and some seeds.

Zena was sitting beside Arwen chatting, and eating her berries, with a vigor that she never had at home.

The leader elves were all at one end of the table, talking and muttering to each other. I was very happy when dinner ended though – even if it was so tasty. The council meeting would be starting in an hour, and I just wanted some peace and quiet. Can you believe that? I wanted some peace and quiet at an elfin paradise!