[7] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 7:

The next morning, I sat up stiff. My back ached, my knee’s ached, and my head ached from all that smoking. Ouch.

Aragorn was already up, and he was tending to the fire.

Doesn’t he ever sleep? Or talk? He is a very scary person.

“Do want some help with that?” – I asked him.

He just shook his head ‘No’. I then took it upon myself to get him to talk, or else.

“Did you have breakfast?” – I asked.

Another shake ‘No’.

“Would you like some?” – I asked, my patience growing thin. 

Another headshake.

‘DON’T YOU TALK?’ – I roared, causing everyone in the camp to wake up.

“Yes I do.” – Aragorn told me.

“Oh-good. I thought that you had swallowed your tongue along the way”.

“No need to be rude.” – he told me.

Stupid little…….  ‘No need to be rude.’ He makes me so mad! And he needs to take a bath! I don’t know why – but he is already grimy and it is only the second day of our trek. Amazing Aragorn the Dirt Collector.

I fumed while Aragorn got the fire going (no pun intended).

I grabbed some sausages, and set them to bake on the frying pan. I threw some bacon, and then some tomatoes on it as well. That was breakfast. Oh, I forgot the Lembas bread. That is a staple of our diet.

The others were soon up, and the hobbits (Merry, Pippin, Sam and Frodo) were arguing over who would get the juiciest piece of bacon. Boromir snatched the piece of bacon from them and handed it to me.

“The ladies get the best food” – he told the hobbits. They looked abashed as he put the piece of bacon on my plate.

Well two can play at this game. I took the bacon and set it on Zena’s plate.

“The youngest gets the best food” – I told him.

Zena split the bacon with Legolas, though she thanked me quickly.

The hobbits forgot about it almost immediately when Aragorn tossed them some mushrooms that he had found.

Gandalf and Gimli went over to the river to look for something, the Hobbits went mushroom picking with Aragorn (supplies gathering), Legolas was showing Zena how to fire a bow at cross range, which left me to clean everything up.

Thanks guys! You are the kindest people in Middle Earth! @#$%!

I stuffed the dirty plates in Sam’s backpack, and then I split the food up amongst the others packs equally.

I snuffed out the fire and then covered it in dirt so that no one could tell that we had been here.

I rolled up my bedding and got it onto my horses back. Then I tied the reins to a tree by the river, so it could graze nicely.

Boromir walked over to where I was standing.

“I was trying to give you that bacon as an apology!” – he told me.

“Maybe you should try apologizing with words.” – I told him, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Your right, I should” – Boromir told me. “I should not have behaved like that last night. Please forgive me”.