[27] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 27:

I finished my water, and pushed the glass towards the middle of the table. Galadriel did not look happy to see me.

The voice popped up for the first time today. ‘Hey! Elfy, we are so going to kick your butt if we meet again!’ – and then to top it off it blew a raspberry.

I could tell that this had infuriated Galadriel, but she pretended not to care. I knew that she didn’t dare attack one of the members of the Fellowship, but I didn’t want to push her to much.

Haldir was sitting beside Zena, listening to her tell him something. Legolas looked livid. As a matter of fact he didn’t look worse for wear from yesterday’s ‘encounter’.

He looked up at me, as I walked by, and I could see that we were both even on the playing field. We didn’t expect anything for each other at all. It had just been a fluke meet.

I walked past and Haldir turned back to Zena.

Aragorn clapped his hands, and silence fell over the elves/fellowship.

“Lets get moving guys!” – he called, and the Fellowship got up from the table, and shouldered their packs.

The others were all (excluding Boromir and I) presented with gifts, and Frodo got a star. That was a little weird.

Then the elves gave us three canoe like boats, so that we could travel down the river.

Galadriel gave Frodo a kiss on the head, so I kissed Celeborn’s hand, just to make her ever more annoyed. Following my lead the others all kissed Celeborn and Galadriel’s hand. I skipped Galadriel.

Within the hour we were ready to go. We had to change the passengers around in the boats though. Seeing as Pippin, Merry and Gimli were still to hung over to paddle a boat.

Suddenly just as we were about to leave, an elf ran down the hill and leaped into the boat with Zena and Legolas.

It was Haldir!

I looked over to him in surprise, but he just bowed to Aragorn and said, “Galadriel gives her blessing, and sends me along to make sure that nothing goes wrong”.

Legolas turned purple, and you could see his veins sticking out of his neck.

Zena squealed excitedly, and helped Haldir get settled,

Legolas chucked Haldir a paddle, ‘accidentally’ hitting him on the head.

Haldir played it up a *tiny* bit, holding his head, and pretending to not worry about it. Which of course made Zena fuss all the more.

I swear that Legolas just about blew a blood vessel when Zena cleaned the cut on Haldir’s head.

I was actually surprised, because he did not look like the calm, cool Legolas from the movie. He looked like he wouldn’t hesitate to shoot Haldir full of arrows.

I pushed the boat off and jumped in. I was sharing with Pippin, Merry, Boromir, and myself. Legolas, Zena and Haldir shared one, and Aragorn was manning (no pun intended) the one with Frodo and Sam.

The elves watched as we paddled away from the shore, and I enjoyed throwing a glittering smile to Celeborn as we left. I know it wasn’t the best thing to do, and if I ever needed help Galadriel would just laugh in my face. Maybe it was the voice making me do this.