.:Ch.10:. On our way to..

~~ Chloe's POV ~~

Droplets of water fill one after another, I looked up at the sky to see uncountable amount of black clouds. Today is the day, let's hope this ends well.

I went to my red car and placed my and Jasmine's suitcases in the trunk. I then sat on my seat and switched on the engine. Why isn't it stopping raining? Does it have to rain, like in this very second and minute and hour and day? Curse you rain! My baby's tires will be covered with mud once this is over with.

I looked at Jasmine who was already seated in the passenger's seat. "Are you ready?" I gently asked her, while getting away from the parking lot of the hotel.

"Yeah!" She said excitedly, she was smiling, creating attractive dimples at the corner of her mouth. I smiled back at her, I'm happy for her, I know we have met only a few days ago but.. But she is still my friend. My first true friend! I must celebrate that..

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, the girl that I saw in it was smiling. She was driving while wearing her blonde wig, her face held emotion that I couldn't tell, even though that person is supposed to be me.

"By the way," Jasmine started, looking through her window into the raining sky. "You did not tell me the reason you are wearing a wig, your hair is much beautiful without it."

I took a quick glance at her and then muttered. "I told you yesterday why Jassy."

I didn't see her, but I could tell that she was pouting. "But.. It's still.. Uh, um, you know what? Just forget it!"

"Good girl." I said, pulling the steering wheel right.

"Do not forget what I told you yesterday Jasmine." I warned, looking at her straight in the eye after stopping the car due to the red traffic light. "I do not want anyone to know my name, if they asked you just say Alyssa Hunt and you should be find. And naturally, you should not tell them about my purple hair."

She opened her window which caused the sound of wind to fill our ears. I looked at her for a second and I could swear I saw a tear fall from her eyes down her cheek. "Why?" She says, sobbing. Her hands formed into tight fists, and she avoided looking at me.

After noticing the traffic's light turn green I began driving again. "Why do you care?" I inquired, my anger getting the best of me.

"Why do I care? WHY DO I CARE?" She snapped, she gritted her teeth and I could swear that her nails were digging in her skin, however she didn't flinch. "I have every right to care! You were the one who got me out of those terrible dungeons. You were the one he bought me new clothes, slept with me in the hotel, don't let me even mention paid for it. We went shopping together, the day was filled with happiness and laughter... So of course I have to be worried about you! Can't you join that pack as well?"

I stood frozen, only my hands controlling the steering wheel, but other than that I was completely frozen. She wanted me to go to their pack? But if I did they'll come after me and the nightmare will no longer stay a nightmare. It'll transform into bitter reality. "I'm so sorry Jassy," I say, sighing. "As much as I want to go I can't. Most people want to stay closer to their precious ones, but sometime the opposite is better." I defended.

She let out a breath. "I don't know what you're talking about, but I didn't think you will, sometimes you can be so stubborn." She said frowning, reaching her hand out of the window to let the heavy droplets of water cover her wrist. "But you know Chloe, I want you to try, try thinking about yourself more than others." She advised, pulling her pull back in the car and staring at it.

"How did yo-"

"You were always facing death Chloe and you didn't even flinch. That just means is that whatever you're doing is not for you, instead it's for someone important to you." She explained, I could feel her eyes looking at me while was looking at the wet street in front of me.

"As much of a stupid queen you look you are actually smart." I mumbled.

"How rude!" She faked hurt and looked at the opposite of my direction.

"But I'm actually doing this for myself." I began, causing Jasmine to stop herself to say what she was about to and open her ears to listen. "I'm doing what I want to do, Jasmine, I am not forced. I am doing what I think is best for me in addition to those who are around me also."

I said, entering a parking lot to take a break from driving. My baby sure tires me out after driving it for many hours without a stop. "We're getting an hour break, we might also go to a restaurant."

When I stopped the car I had already parked, I opened the door and stepped outside.

I really need a break, that will at least calm me down.

.:.:.:. After five hours .:.:.:.

I parked my car near the trees, then I left the car with Jasmine. I brought with me my new backpack, and Jasmine brought hers. "We're entering their territory, they probably noticed us and are on their way to catch you." I informed her and she looked frightened.

I thought I told her that before, my bad. I mentally slapped myself.

"They will not hurt you, just ask you a few questions. You must answer them all, and that's it." I say in attempt to calm her down, if she got worried they'll only get more suspicious. Besides, they felt her as a werewolf and me as a human so probably they wouldn't be after me. Good thing I bought that necklace form that witch, or this would have turned out bad without a doubt.

"Let's get going." I instructed leading Jasmine into the forest, I looked at my watch. It was nine and twenty-five minutes in the morning. Jasmine told me that she was born at nine and thirty, which is the exact time in which she will shift to her wolf for the first time. Five minutes to go.

By the way, how the hell do people remember the hour they were born in? When my birthday came, I shifted after a few seconds or minutes after the clock announced that it was twelve.

I sat on a tree branch after helping Jasmine on settling on one also. The rain had stopped a few seconds ago, but unfortunately the clouded are still black which caused me to anticipate that there's a storm on the way. The black clouds were becoming darker and darker, if that was even possible.

I looked at my watch, it is time.

I turned my attention to Jasmine, finding her hugging her body tightly. "Are you all right?" My worried voice echoed through the forest reaching her.

She shook her head. "It hurts," she said, a tear falling down. What is her with crying today? Is it her period? If so I'll understand. "Every bone in my body is broken, that is at least what I feel like."

I jumped from the tree branch I was sitting on landing on hers. She gasped in surprised, I touched her forehead, when i touched her I immediately pulled back. "You're boiling." I mumbled, more to myself that to her.

Her breathing was getting heavier by the second, she was hugging herself so tightly when fur suddenly started appearing on her body. "This is gonna hurt." She whispered, closing her eyes.

The sudden sound of thunder made me flinch and close my eyes unconsciously. When I opened them, I saw a white wolf standing in front of me. "You did it!" I exclaim, getting closer to the wolf. Before I could pat her head, a certain noise made me turn around fast and stand in a defense state. "Who is there?! show yourself!" I shouted, sounding serious all of a sudden.

"It's time to get serious."
-Anonymous

<>~<>~<>~<>

Sorry I haven't updated for almost a week even though I said otherwise.

It's my damn school's endless assignments and home works that kept me busy. "I hope the school burns to ashes.." *murmurs*

To make up for it I'll update another chapter today.

Thanks for reading guys, you don't know how much that means to me.

~Ashley