The Housemaid - Chapter Fifteen

NOTE: The last bit of the chapter was inspired by songs from The Wreckers. I was watching the results show of The Voice earlier and two of the contestants on there performed one of their songs and it reminded me how much I used to love them. You guys should give them a listen, even though they're a country pop consisting of Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp (I think that's her last name). Anyway, enjoy this one. :)

15: A DAY OFF

Christine wasn’t sure whom exactly she was locking lips with, but whoever it was, he was a great kisser. To avoid opening her eyes and breaking their pace, she wrapped her hands around the nape of his neck to feel the back of his hair. His hair had long strands that curls—

Jay. She was making out with Jay. He brought her back to life with his ‘magical’ kiss. Slowly, she sat up and let the kiss deepen. He didn’t seem to mind.

“Damn, why didn’t I think of that?” Christine heard Max say.

“I didn’t think she’d react that way, but…” Siva added aloud. “Wow.”

“Hey guys, why is it so quiet in he—holy shit I thought she was asleep!” Nathan gasped.

“Jay just went for it and now they’re having a proper snog.”

Christine was so lost in the kiss she didn’t think that they were not alone. After hearing the word “snog,” she realized that they had an audience, an audience that happened to be Jay’s band mates.

“Well, now…” And, perhaps, Sandy included.

Christine and Jay stiffened. They quickly broke apart, slowly avoiding their gaze from anyone in the room. The first person they noticed, though, was Sandy standing behind the couch, behind them. They heard Max, Siva, and Nathan on the other side, snickering amongst themselves.

“Glad to see you’re awake. Now can I have a word with Christine?” Sandy had her arms folded, eyeing Jay.

“Boys, come on—we’ve got to deal with Tom upstairs.” Aaron also announced.

“Yeah, yeah…” He chuckled lightly and stood up. Christine shortly glanced at him from time to time and watched him slowly walk over to Aaron, who stood nearby. She noticed the three band members all giving her different smirks, with a wink from Nathan. She rolled her eyes and tried not to laugh.

As the four boys followed Aaron upstairs, Christine watched Jay get teased on from them; Max ruffled his hair, Siva congratulated him, and Nathan asked the obvious “How was it?!” question. She became red in the face and turned away blushful.

“He sure knows how to find a way to get to you, huh?” Sandy finally sat down next to her.

Christine laughed nervously. “Oh, God, I’m embarrassed. I—”

They heard running steps coming down the stairs. Both turned their backs to see Nathan dashing into the kitchen. Both exchanged confused glances, but two minutes later, he came out with a hot mug of tea. He flashed a grin.

“Sorry. I was making tea and I forgot I left it sitting on the counter.” He explained and handed Christine the mug. “Thought you might need a pick me up.”

Christine smiled at him. “Thanks, Nath.”

She blew into the mug and slowly took a sip of the tea. She felt the hot liquid soothed the inside of her chest and let out a sigh.

Before Nathan left the living room, Sandy turned back and called for him again, “Nathan, come on back here; I actually wanted you to come join us, too.”