The Housemaid - Chapter Thirty

NOTE: MILESTONE! This is the 30th chapter of The Housemaid!!!!!!! I have you all to thank for helping me keep this story go on and strong. 

I hope this chapter isn't crappy, or filler-like. I hope you like it as much as I do...

30 Some More Space

Jay seemed very speechless, in awe. His lips were twitching into a smile. “Chris…I…but…how—thank you—”

“You can thank us later, mate.” Max came over and grabbed Jay, pushing him inside the little room. From Christine’s stance, it looked like a small meeting room with a small rectangle table and six chairs around it. 

Christine stood there confused, overhearing Max and Jay behind a slightly closed door about what was to come next. She looked around to see Nathan, Siva, Haley, and Tiana all together, with the girls avoiding her. 

“No worries, it’s all good fun.” Siva grinned. “It’s our way of sorting things out.”

“Speaking of…” Nathan nudged Haley’s shoulder. “I think Hales and Ti’s got something to say to you.”

Haley eyed Nathan as he poked her forward; Siva did the same with Tiana. Christine already knew what this was about, but she knew she had to keep a straight face. 

Before they could say anything, though, Penny and Tom arrived. Penny giggled. “What’s going on down here?”

She was the only one who had a cheerful mind, while everyone else watched her; Christine wondered what Tom had told her in order to bring her in the kitchen.

“We’re just gonna be in here, Pen.” Tom gestured her towards the room where Jay was in. 

“Oh, really? But didn’t you say you had a great idea for when you get back into the mansion?” She asked as she pushed the door open.

“Yeah, but, actually I thought it would be best if—”

Penny stopped in her tracks the moment she caught eyes with Jay, who was sitting on one of the chairs with Max sitting in another. The cheerful expression on her face immediately drained. “No.”

“If you heard it from—Jay—wait.” 

Tom quickly caught Penny before she ran to leave; she was giving all her strength to escape. 

“Penny, Penny, give the lad a chance.” Nathan went over to her. 

“Yeah.” Max took her hand. “He loves you.”

“Penny…please.” Jay pleaded. 

Christine watched Penny close her eyes. She knew tears were threatening to come; she was shaking. Siva came forward next to Nathan, leaned in, and whispered something in Penny’s ear. If there was one thing Christine loved about this band, it would be how supportive they were with each other, and how they were willing to help. 

“Fine.” Penny sniffled. Slowly, Tom removed her from his grasp, and the four members began to walk away from the door. Tom closed the door, but not all the way, in hope to hear their conversation. He turned to his friends with a proud grin on his face.

And then the door was closed shut.

The four boys all groaned in disappointment. Of course everyone wanted to listen in Penny and Jay’s conversation. 

Christine, Haley, and Tiana on the other hand, kept on straight faces while watching the four huddled in together. Max was the first to push forward and lean his ear against the door. Tom and Siva joined in as they all try to muster what mumblings from the other side they can hear.