Coffee and Pop-tarts

"Oh my god these cookies are amazing." Elisa said as she bit in to her third cookie. "What did you put in them? Magic?"

"Maybe." Odette said with a laugh, her late night baking session left her with two dozen large-sized cookies. Normally she would have taken them to her mother for her to share with some of the residence but she decided to share with her co-workers instead.

"These are crack cookies." Adam said while pocketing two more for later.

"Guys don't eat them all up, they are for everyone." Odette took the container of cookies away from the reception desk and stored them in the breakroom. She checked her watch for the time, it was almost nine o'clock, Elijah would be arriving soon so she headed back to her office to gather up the documents he needed for his morning meetings. She placed the files down on his desk next to his coffee just as Elijah walked in loosening his tie.

"Good morning Ducky." He said tossing down his briefcase on the coffee table. Odette could sense his agitation without looking at him. Elijah plopped down in his chair and switched on his computer. He looked completely different from Saturday; today he looked like a man who was president of a multi-million-dollar company. His shoulders raised up with tension as the worry lines across his forehead deepened.

"Good morning sir. Did you enjoy the rest of your weekend?" Odette asked as she looked at him with concern.

"Yes I did. Did you schedule my meeting with Javier?" he asked as he stared at the computer screen.

"Yes, it this Friday at 3:30."

"Very good, I have to make a few calls make sure I'm not disturbed for the rest of the morning."

"Okay, anything else."

"I need you to pick up my phone from the store and see if anything can be salvaged from this one." Elijah handed her his cell phone that was damaged when he fell in to the pool. Elijah finally looked up at Odette as he sipped on his coffee, his face twisted up in disgust. He looked down at his cup and frowned.

"What's wrong?" Odette asked knowing that she had gotten his coffee order right it was simple enough, black with four sugars. He turned the cup around and showed Odette her name on the cup.

"How do you drink this sugary swill?" he asked as he handed the cup to her.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry." She said before rushing back to her office and grabbed the right cup. She handed him his cup of coffee as her face burned with embarrassment.

"Well you've seen me be assaulted by a bunch on eleven year olds. You've seen me half-naked, and now we just kissed indirectly. It's time you stop calling me sir." He chuckled as he watched Odette's eyes express her embarrassment. He loved how expressive her eyes were. He knew exactly what she was feeling the minute he looked into her golden brown eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing would come out she was too flustered. The phone rang and Elijah answered it giving Odette the chance to escape.

Odette sat down at her desk and looked at her cup, she inhaled allowing the white chocolate aroma to calm her nerves.

"It's not swill," she muttered to herself as she took a sip.

Luckily the rest of the morning was uneventful which Odette was grateful for, she had enough time to prepare the handouts for the afternoon meeting and organize Elijah's timetable. It was almost time for lunch when there was a knock at her door. Odette looked up and was surprised to see Victoria standing in her doorway.

"Hi Victoria."

"What's up kiddo?" Victoria said as she walked in to the office and sat across from Odette.