Part One

Alyssa slowly woke and smiled. She looked out the window to her left and deeply sighed, quickly followed by an excited giggle. Yesterday was amazing.
~~~
Walking out of Ms. Calfer's room, Alyssa held her books tightly to her chest, knuckles white. Nathan was talking to her, and she couldn't be happier. Walking down the ramp, he continued their earlier conversation about genetics; more specifically eye colors. Stopping at the bench, Nathan sat down, Alyssa doing the same. It was lunch, so there was no rush for time. "Wait, what color are your eyes?" Alyssa told him blue, but that wasn't enough. He reached his hand and gently pulled up her chin to look in her piercing blue eyes, all while slowly leaning in.Taking in a quick, short breath, he said "You're eyes are perfect." In a hushed tone, "You're perfect." His warm breath flushed her cheeks and quickly looked down, which caused Nathan to realize how close he was and promptly pulled away. "I....I...have to go." He stammered.
"You don't have to, you know. Do you want to hang out with....with my friends?" She said. Alyssa couldn't hide her excitement. Her chest was heaving, cheeks red, and a large grin spread across her face. Alyssa has always liked Nathan. It started off as a subtle flame, no larger than a candle in eighth grade. When she started dating someone, the flame was extinguished. Alyssa couldn't tell whether or not Nathan was hurt or not, but felt as if he started to do some light flirting with a friend of hers, Stephanie. The little spark left in her erupted into such a large flame, it boiled her blood and made the thought of this sand-colored haired person impossible to get out of her head. She wasn't jealous, or mad. Alyssa couldn't explain, she was actually happy for her friend. This inexplicable feeling needed to be dealt with one way or another because the growing pain inside of her was unbearable.
~~~
A/N. Sorry, but I really wanted to write a short story, and I don't fully know what sparked this idea, but it happened. Enjoy :)