Part Fourteen

Alyssa's day was normal and uneventful. She saw Nathan sixth period in English class. They were continuously staring at each other from across the class until the bell rang. Nathan began to pack up when it sounded, but Alyssa was already done. She walked over to his desk and put her hands on the corners, slightly leaning forwards. "Hi." She said, blue eyes sparkling. Nathan looked up and smiled. He lightly stroked her left hand with his thumb, then placed his last notebook in his backpack.
Alyssa backed away to give him space, and Nathan stood. He slung his bag over his shoulder, then gave her a kiss.
"Hi." He said, lips curled upward into a smile. They walked out of the class room holding hands, then went to where their friends sat.
Lunch went by fast. They talked lightly, exchanged a few kisses, all while their fingers remained interlaced. The bell rang, and everyone dispersed. "Bye" Nathan said smiling.
Alyssa went on her tiptoes and kissed his soft lips. "I'll see you later, ok?" She replied. Nathan nodded, then gave her a warm hug. Each walked away in different directions, headed to their classes.
The rest of the day was all a blur. Alyssa went through all of her classes, completing all the assignments before the rest of her classmates. Everything was fine, until last period.
Alyssa took a seat in her normal desk in her last class; history.
"Hey." A deep voice said behind her. Alyssa sighed then turned around. "What's up?" Jake said, smirking. Annoyed, she scoffed and turned back around. "Come on, Alyssa. Aren't we friends?" He said, lightly gripping the side of her arm.
Alyssa whipped around in her seat, infuriated. "You broke up with me." She hissed. "Obviously, that's because you've had enough of me. So why want more? What's the point?"
As soon as she finished her sentence, their teacher came in. "Hello, class. I'm not feeling well today, so I have a few worksheets. Work with whomever you want." He said, walking to the desk in the corner after passing the papers down the rows of desks.
Alyssa shivered. She could almost feel Jake smirk. This of all days, the teacher allowed talking. Alyssa shrugged the feeling off, and began to write on the paper in front of her. She was quickly interrupted by a tap in her shoulder from behind. "I don't want to talk to you." Alyssa said, still looking at the paper. The tapping still continued. Alyssa sighed, then slowly turned around. "What...?" She said, obviously irritated.
"Come on... You're more salty than the dead sea right now. I just want to talk."
Alyssa scoffed. She pulled out her phone, and texted Nathan. A: I need to get out if this class.
N: I'll rescue you in a few. "Bathroom break".
Alyssa smiled. "Who are you texting?" Jake said. Alyssa ignored him. "Oh right, it must be your dumb boyfriend, Nathan." His name hung in the air, and Alyssa clenched her fist around the pencil she forgot she picked back up. She threw it down, then shot up out of her seat. Alyssa glanced at her teacher, who was asleep. Using this opportunity, she stormed out of the room, with Jake close behind.
Once they got out and the door sealed, Alyssa turned around. "Why'd you follow me?! Are you that psychotic? What the hell?!" She screamed at him. Alyssa didn't realize she was up against the wall. Jake put his right arm slightly above her shoulder and braced his weight against it. His other arm was at her shaking hand, slowly making it's way to her the upper and outer thigh. Alyssa pushed up against his chest, but he didn't budge. She tried squirming away, but he put his wandering hand on her other shoulder, pushing her against the wall.
Alyssa squeezed her eyes shut. They were buring, and tears began to well up. She couldn't let him see her cry. Suddenly, the pressure on her shoulder was gone. There was a loud grunt, and a thud. Alyssa opened her eyes, and saw Nathan standing above Jake, who was on the ground. Nathan's chest was heaving; he pushed Jake to the ground. "Just go inside. Know when you aren't wanted." Nathan growled. Jake slowly got up, then went back inside. Alyssa took a shaky breath in, then nearly leaped into Nathan's arms. They stayed in a warm embrace, Nathan cooing into her ear.
He kissed her on the forehead, then he stepped back, separating them. "I have to go back to class." He said. Alyssa dropped her gaze, and started to pick at her fingers. "Hey," he interrupted, lifting her chin to look at him. "If he bothers you, just text me. I'll get you out of class." Alyssa smiled then nodded. "I'll meet you here after school. Bye beautiful."
Alyssa placed her hands on Nathan's chest and kissed him. "Bye." She said, pulling back with a smile. She turned on her heel, and slowly walked back to the class and inside. Nathan waited there for a moment, then walked to his class.
Alyssa sat back down. The rest if the class went by, and Alyssa worked on the papers for that class, as well as homework for other ones. Jake never said a word to her. When the final bell rang, Alyssa remained seated. She didn't get up, until she saw Jake leave the room. Alyssa sighed; it felt like she just let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She packed up her stuff, then walked out the room, almost running into Nathan outside of the door.
"How'd it go? Did he do anything?" Nathan said, concerned.
"I'm fine. He didn't say a word." Alyssa said. Nathan leaned down and kissed her. She pulled back, and grabbed his hand. "Come on." Alyssa said. "I'm heading home."
They walked together to the band room to meet up with Julia and Amanda.
"Hello!" Amanda said merrily.
"Oh, hello." Julia said jokingly, pulling back a lock of hair out of her face. Alyssa giggled, and Nathan smiled.
Nathan turned to Alyssa, and said "I'm staying after school for a bit with friends. I'll text you later."
"Ok, have fun." Alyssa said before kissing him.
"Bye guys." Nathan said walking backwards and away from them. Julia and Amanda waved sheepishly, then broke out laughing once he turned around.
"Oh my god, he really likes you. And you guys are perfect together." Julia squeeled.
Alyssa elbowed her, then began walking. Julia and Amanda quickly followed. "It's not a bad thing we like each other. We are dating you know."
Amanda laughed, and then they were quiet. The two friends laughed and talked about boys, but Alyssa remained quiet. They waved good bye to each other as Julia and Amanda got in their usual ride, and Alyssa walked quietly the short way home.