Part Eleven

"What are you doing here? I thought you... Were on a date?" Stephanie asked.
"I am," Alyssa began. "With Nathan."
"I said I can't go with you." Nathan chimmed in. "Because I'm with her." He said, draping his arm across Alyssa's shoulders and pulled her in. She reached up and laced her fingers through his. Alyssa became lost in the murky eyes staring down at her. His warmth and the flame inside Alyssa kept the goosebumps from rising.
Stephanie cleared her throat, snapping Alyssa and Nathan from their trance. "You....I told you I... I love you." Stephanie said with a whisper." Stephanie took a gulp of air, then began "You never even replied." In a louder voice, hissing out the last word. Stephanie's lip quivered, and a single tear fell down her face. "I told you everything, and yet you turn around and take him away?" Stephanie said in a shaky voice. "I thought you were my friend. I know this seems like something dumb, but I don't think so." She said, beginning to walk away.
"Wait!" Alyssa called out as she jumped and lightly gripped her arm. "We aren't friends?"
Stephanie looked down at her hand. "You aren't the person I used to know." She ripped her arm out of Alyssa's hand and walked away, wiping the few tears that escaped her eyes.
"I...I'm sorry." Nathan stammered. He walked forward and gave her a hug from behind, lightly swaying from side to side. Alyssa began to sob, body violently shaking between every breath. Nathan gripped her tighter, his hot breath going down her back as he leaned his head on hers whispering in Alyssa's ear.
They stayed like that for a moment, drowning out the loud atmosphere around. Nathan was the first to let go after Alyssa was finished crying. Nathan walked around her and gave her another hug, then wiped under her red eyes. He planted a soft kiss on the brim of her nose, causing both of their lips to curl into a smile. Alyssa grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Come on. Let's get out of here." Alyssa said as she led them to the exit.
Just as they were about to leave, Nathan's younger sister Lilah ran over to them. "Hey!" She said. "Oh, hey." Lilah said jokingly once she saw Alyssa and him holding hands.
"Hey," Nathan said with a groan. He quickly introduced the two of them, said his goodbyes, then continued to walk hand in hand with Alyssa off the campus, happy to get away from his annoying sister.

A/N. Comment if you think the chapters should be longer...I've gotten some feedback that is should be and I just want to get an extra opinion or two.
Thank you for reading!