Part Three

Alyssa walked out of her eighth period class, the day was finally over. She met up with Amanda and Julia outside of the band room, and walked with them to the front of the school. "Hey guys," Alyssa said with a smile on her face.
She stopped in her tracks, because Julia hopped in front of her. She rose in her tip toes to get closer to Alyssa's face,"It's too cold!" Julia exclaimed, falling flat on her feet, long, red hair exposed from the fallen purple hood. Alyssa gave her a quick hug for warmth and comfort, then continued walking, her short legs struggling to match Alyssa's long strides.
At this point, they were right outside of the gate. The girls stopped in front of a silver car, waving to Alyssa as they got in. She turned around to continue walking home, when she nearly ran into Nathan. "Hey, you're just the person I wanted to see." He said. At that moment, he looked down at his phone screen, smiled, then laughed. "Sorry, that was from Stephanie." Nathan said apologetically, still with a smile. There was Stephanie, mentioned once again in his conversations with her. "Anyways, there's this homework assignment I don't understand. I need your help, do you want to come over? I asked Stephanie, but she couldn't."
Alyssa scoffed, "You're Nathan. You've never needed help on an assignment." There was a hint of disgust in her voice. Not only was Stephanie mentioned yet again, he also made her feel like his back up. "So, that's a no."
She continued to walk but was abruptly stopped when Nathan lightly gripped her arm. She whipped around, and became inches away from his face, staring into his gray eyes. Alyssa took a step back, his hand still on her arm. "Please, Alyssa. I don't bite. And maybe I do need help, I'm human aren't I?" He started to raise his voice, to have Alyssa look down at his hand attatched to her. He released slowly, and tilted her chin upwards to look at him, eyes soft and caring. "Please," he whispered. She shot her eyes down, then back at him again, nodding her head. He smiled, then they began to walk down the side walk, away from the bustling school.