Part Two

As the two freshmen walked to Alyssa and her friend's usual lunch spot right outside of the theater, Alyssa saw her boyfriend and walked over quickly, leaving Nathan behind with his slightly slower pace. As the young couple embraced in a warm hug, Nathan arrived with a pained face, red from the cold. "Hey, Nathan, you realize you can sit...?" Stephanie said over the loud group of friends. Realizing he was staring, Nathan pursed his lips, nodded, and sat next to her. Alyssa giggled, and Stephanie turned her head to look at the couple curled together under a jacket, Jake's fingers intertwined in Alyssa's long, brown hair. Sighing, Stephanie turned back to Nathan's uncomfortable face and scoffed, "Ugh, couples. I can't stand them sometimes, although sometimes they are just adorable."
"Yeah, I can agree with parts on that. How'd they start dating?" Nathan asked, wanting to know more. Stephanie must not of heard him over the constant noise outside, for there was no response. Once more he stood up, and brushed off his dark jeans. "I'm going to the library, I have some homework. Bye guys, bye Stephanie." The only reply was a smile.
At that moment, Alyssa looked up, wondering why he specifically said Stephanie's name, as well as mentioning the group in a whole? She must have had an odd expression on her face, because Stephanie gave her a weird glance. She furrowed her eyebrows in a way that asked what?. Alyssa turned back around, and resumed laying half on top of Jake, his heat keeping her from shivering in the brisk air. The group once again resumed its somewhat loud conversations over one another until the bell rang, signaling they had five minutes to get to class while Alyssa's head swam with more thoughts and questions.