Part Nine

Alyssa stood up from her bed and went to the kitchen in search of food. She peered into all the cabinets, finally giving up and grabbing an apple. She rinsed it under the sink, shook the excess water off, and took a bite. Her eyes wandered over to the clock on the wall. It was only noon, six long hours of anxiety and excitement to go.
Alyssa took one last bite of the sweet fruit and tossed the core into the trash can across the small kitchen. She wiped her lips with the back of hand. She remained there for a minute. "I have a date. I. Have. A. Date." The girl said quietly. "How did I ever get so lucky.", said in a whisper.
Alyssa walked to her room and lied down on her bed after she grabbed her phone and placed it on the bed. She yawned, and set an alarm that would go off at four thirty that afternoon. As soon as she finished, she lay in her side, eyelids drooping slowly as she drifted off to sleep.

Alyssa quickly sat up, startled by her alarm. She yawned and stretched her arms, glancing at the full length mirror leaning up against the wall next to her closet. Her hair was a mess. "Oh well, I guess it's time to get ready." She said, lips curling into a smile.
Alyssa went to the kitchen and grabbed a breakfast bar; her stomach demanded it. Chewing on the last bite, she walked back to her room and made her bed. She then turned around and faced the open closet doors, in search of what to wear. She saw her white dress with golden flowers covering it. Seeing how it was a spaghetti strapped- dress and it was fall, she grabbed her brown cardigan that was folded on the shelf above. Alyssa walked to the bathroom and put her long hair in a messy bun to keep it out of her face. Turning the faucet on, Alyssa splashed her face with the cold water, and began her usual face washing routine.
Once she finished ten minutes later, she appeared in front of the mirror in her room. She took the clip out of her hair, which caused her brown waves to cascade down her shoulders and back. Not wanting to put too much effort into it, Alyssa put her hair in a French braid, smile filled with content as she looked into her eyes. She stood up, and quickly slipped on the dress and cardigan, to then go to the bathroom and begin her makeup. She put on foundation, gold eyeshadow, and mascara, to wipe it all completely off after looking in the mirror; it never looks natural.
Alyssa walked back to her room and sat on her bed, picked up her phone, and found a text from Stephanie. I'll be at the carnival if you want to join me.
K. Alyssa replied with little thought.
It was five fifteen at that point, so Alyssa put on her knee-high boots, and walked over to the living room couch, purse in her left hand.
As soon as she set her stuff down, her phone buzzed, telling her she had a message from Nathan.
Hey, I'll pick you up actually around 5:45 at your house and we can walk to the school together. I dont want you walking alone. Sound good?
That sounds perfect, thank you. -A
Alyssa smiled, happy to know he cared. He was always somewhat protective. Alyssa sat, and watched Netflix on the T.V., to soon hear the doorbell ring at five forty five, Nathan was exactly on time.
She shut the T.V. off and jumped up and nearly ran to the door, purse and phone in hand. Alyssa wiped a piece of hair off her face, took a breath, and opened the door.
"You look beautiful," Nathan said as soon as the door was opened. Alyssa blushed and thanked him. "Shall we?" He finished.
Alyssa stepped out of the threshold and locked the door then turned back to face the man in front of her wearing what he usually wore; jeans and a jacket. Alyssa smiled, and they began the short walk to the high school.