Part Fifteen

Alyssa walked into her house, marched up the stairs, and threw herself on the bed. She lie there for a moment on her back, staring at the unmoving ceiling fan. Alyssa sighed, then sat up. She grabbed her backpack and plucked out her homework, page by page. She began writing, and didnt stop until it was all completed an hour later. As she was putting it away, her phone chimed.
N: Hey beautiful. I just got home.
A: Nice, I just finished all my homework, thank god.
N: So a friend just texted. You wanna go to a party at Jack's tomorrow?
Alyssa sighed. Jack was Nathan's friend. He wasn't known for calm parties. Every time, there was heavy alcohol.
A: Nah, I think I'm good. You go and enjoy yourself though. :)
N: Are you sure?
A: Dont be dumb, and have fun. I promise I'm 100% sure.
N: Dumb question... is there something at your front door?
Curious and confused what he meant, Alyssa ran down the stairs and opened the door. There standing in front of her was Nathan, white teeth showing through his smiling lips. Alyssa let out a small laugh. "And what do you think you're doing here, mister?" Alyssa said smugly.
"I got lost on my way home, and somehow appeared here." Nathan joked. He stuck out his arm, bent. "Care to go for a walk, miss?"
"Yeah," Alyssa replied. "Come in, just let me grab my phone." She said, stepping out of the way and gestured for him to come in.
Nathan dropped his arm, and kissed the top of Alyssa's head as he passed by. Alyssa bounded up the stairs, and came back down a moment later purse in hand.
"Shall we?" Nathan said, opening the door. Alyssa smiled, and stepped through the doorway, Nathan doing the same behind and he closed the door. Alyssa held his hand, and they walked.
"So, where's the destination?" Alyssa said curiously.
"I was thinking a park. Just for the fun of it. I just enjoy spending time with you." Nathan replied, looking straight forward as they walked.
"I think that sounds lovely. But about the party. I trust you. I know you'll be safe. Jack can get pretty...wild." Alyssa said.
"When have I ever been dumb enough to drink, especially at Jake's?" Nathan retorted.
"True. I trust you completely." Alyssa sighed. They continued walking in silence. Tired of the only noise being leaves crunching under their feet, Alyssa decided to speak up. "Why don't we ever talk anymore?"
"What do you mean?" Nathan asked.
Shrugging her shoulders, Alyssa told him how she felt. "We used to talk all the time. It was never really anything specific. Whatever came to mind, we said and discussed. Now, we barely talk. Why?"
"Oh," Nathan said looking down. "I...don't know. I don't."
Alyssa sighed, then continued. "I've always enjoyed talking to you. Now it's all just silence. I'm just curious."
"I don't know, sorry. I mean, I'll try talking more, I guess. You need to try as well." Nathan said. They were walking on grass now, the park a few yards away. They sat at a bench, and Nathan draped his arm across Alyssa's shoulders. "We'll start talking more." Nathan kissed Alyssa.
They always talked about anything on their minds, no matter what it was. They sat for a a moment, then Alyssa spoke up. "So, what was the point of coming here?" She asked.
Nathan shrugged his shoulders. "I just love spending time with you."
Alyssa smiled as Nathan pulled her closer in, allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder. Suddenly, Alyssa felt a drop on her head. She looked up, then felt two on her hands and one on her forehead. Nathan was looking away, but turned to her when she asked, "Did you happen to check the weather report before you came over?"
Sighing, Nathan said "I was hoping there wouldn't be any rain."
Alyssa gasped as the rain began to fall heavier. They both stood up, and Nathan looked down with sad eyes as Alyssa silently held her palms out. He quickly looked up, surprised by his girlfriend's laughter. He couldn't help himself, and let laughter flow through his body. They laughed in the rain, fully soaked, bracing against each other so they didn't fall over. Once they finally stopped minutes later, they were inches apart, holding each other closely. They still couldn't stop themselves from letting out a small chuckle now and then. Finally, Nathan spoke. "I'm sorry about the rain..."
Alyssa looked up at his soft eyes, and gave him a reassuring smile. She grabbed his hands and gave them a soft squeeze. "I should be home soon. They began to walk, at first in silence. "I don't know a lot about you. I did with Jake, but not you." Alyssa said.
"There's not a lot to know about me, I guess." He replied.
Alysa shruggd her shoulders. "Oh well."
They continued walking, the only sound of the rain hitting the gray concrete. Alyssa let out a small shiver, and Nathan then quickened his pace which forced Alyssa to. "Come on, I don't want you to get sick." Nathan said, slightly worried. Alyssa smiled as they stopped walking in front of her house. Alyssa was thankful she hadn't worn makeup that day; she would've looked like a raccoon. "There is something you don't know about me." Nathan told Alyssa facing her. Alyssa gave him a smile of reassurance. The rain was still pouring around them, bit they felt as if they were in their own bubble. Nathan took a step closer and gave her a small smile. "I can be pretty cheesy." Nathan said, then leaned over and passionately kissed Alyssa. Once be pulled away, Alyssa let out a small shiver. "I should go, you need to head inside." Nathan said before planting a small kiss at the top of her forehead.
"Okay, today was fun." Alyssa said with a big smile.
"Bye." Nathan called after Alyssa as she walked up her driveway. Alyssa turned around and gave him a wave, then walked inside.
Nathan watched her walk in, then turned on his heel and headed home once Alyssa disappeared into her house.