Part Six

Alyssa's eyes fluttered open, to hear dishes clutter in the kitchen. She sat up and planted both feet on the ground. Alyssa got up and walked to the kitchen, to see Nathan cleaning up the dishes that were in the sink. She yawned, which signaled him to look up. Nathan smiled, and wiped his hands off on a dish towel. "Hey, sorry if I woke you." He apologized. "I would've woken you earlier but..."
"It's fine." Alyssa replied, looking at the clock that read 6:30 PM. Once more, Alyssa yawned, and stretched her arms. Nathan walked across the kitchen, and leaned on the counter next to her. Alyssa looked up and leaned against him, his steady breath giving her comfort as she almost curled herself up against him, loving every moment. "You're eyes aren't bad, either." Alyssa told him, staring at his gray eyes, somewhat blocked by his hair, which she slowly swept aside. She reached her hand down, and placed it slightly on top of his accidentally. Nathan then stroked the top of her hand with his thumb, and she slowly retracted it. "I uh, um..." Alyssa stammared.
Nathan looked away, cheecks flushed. "Sorry, I just thought..." He apologized. Alyssa then walked to the door of the kitchen and turned towards him. She sighed, then quickly said, "It's fine." She gave him a quick smile, then walked back to his room.
Nathan stayed there for a moment, feeling as if she had him hanging on a cliff. She would pull him up, saving him from the depression that hung around him like a thick fog, to just let him slip so he was hanging by a thread; and he swore he would hold on for dear life. Realizing it's been a couple minutes, he walked to his room, to see Alyssa smoothing the clean, made bed. Leaning against the door frame, he told Alyssa "You didn't have to do that." She looked up and smiled, to go back and continue. He walked over and sat on the corner of the bed, back against the wall and legs at a slight angle to keep his feet on the bed.
Alyssa sat on the opposite corner, the room silent. Alyssa spoke up"I just want to say-"
"I really, really like you." Nathan quickly interrupted. He turned to look at Alyssa, who was a deer caught in the headlights. "Sorry... I needed to say it."
"Dont be." Alyssa said in a monotonous voice. She stood up, and Nathan feared she would leave. Alyssa walked to where he was, and sat on her knees beside him on the bed. She turned his head, and whispered "I like you too.", lips centimeters from touching. She slightly leaned back, to have Nathan do the opposite, bringing their lips together.