Chapter 5

Here is the 5th chapter so don’t forget to vote and comment :)

Enjoy

Chapter 5

We sat there in silence near the water, waiting to see if they made it or not. Taylor and I kept thinking positive; they could have washed up somewhere else or might have been rescued. The point is I didn’t or tried at least not think of the absolute worse that could have happen to either of them. The sun was setting and still neither of us spoke until thunder right above us rang in our ears.

“We better find shelter” I nodded and took Taylor’s hand when we both stood. We headed up the hill where the forest took up most of the island. I stopped right before either of us could go any further; I had a bad feeling about this.

“What’s wrong?” I looked at Taylor and shook my head.

“We can’t go in there” I whispered, afraid someone or something might hear us. Who knows what lives in there?

“What choice to we have Hanna” I hesitated and looked back at the forest that we were about to enter then back at Taylor.

“I guess your right” Taylor smiled and we still held hands when we reached the forest. I stopped again before we were in the forest.

“Hanna let’s go” She tugged my hand and she walked ahead of me pulling me in there with her. I pulled my hand out of her grasp and ran out of here. The moment I was just out of the forest something didn’t let me out, a force field. I pushed myself against it, tried hitting it, nothing worked. I screamed in frustration and turned to face the shocked Taylor.

“What did I tell you” I glared at her for a response, but she was speechless.

“I didn’t…” The moment Taylor started speaking a siren went off. Taylor’s eyes widened and she ran toward me grabbing my wrists and we both started running deeper into the forest, I didn’t even need to ask what it was.

“Where are we going?” I asked her as both of our feet beneath us tripped over every little thing. I tried to run and not trip over the unevenness of the ground, but it was useless. She didn’t answer me, we just kept running, but she always kept a hold of me. My feet beneath me gave in and I fell to the ground.

“Hanna get up” She whispered and looked around afraid someone was going to attack us any second. I looked around and noticed I tripped on a root from a tree and smiled. I got up on my feet and took Taylor’s wrist this time.

“I have an idea” I looked up at a tree and thank goodness this is what we did out of boredom over the years. We started climbing up instead of running, this was the best we could do. The tree itself was thankfully tall enough and had plenty of branches to grab. We had practice over the years of learning how to climb a tree, starting with the trunk. It is much harder than it looks. We got to a good spot where a single branch looked big enough for we could both sit at and luckily leaves where hiding us.

We sat there without a single word between either of us. I had my arms wrapped around my legs, afraid to be seen. Taylor was quiet and doing the same as I was. Our backs were leaning against each other’s when we heard voices and we both straightened up and I tightened my grip afraid I might let go.

“Look what we got here” I looked down and immediately touched both my ears. I loved those earrings, my right ear had no earring unlike my left did. They looked up at us and smiled, even though I thought the leaves would hide us they didn’t.

“Give me your hand” I told Taylor not caring if they could hear us, I knew they could they are a little pale to be human.

Taylor took my hand without question and I closed my eyes thinking I was safe somewhere, I wasn’t sure if it would work but it’s worth a try.

“Hanna hurry”

“I’m trying” I was thinking as hard as I could and I had a feeling to open my eyes and I did. I smiled noticing I wasn’t in a tree anymore and Taylor was right next to me. I couldn’t tell a difference were we are, because we are still in the forest.

“You did It” I felt Taylor wrap her arms around me, squeezing me to death.

“Can’t…breathe” She released me.

“Oh sorry about that” I nodded and we only looked at each other not sure on what to do next.

“Who were they” I asked breaking the silence and the stare down between us.

“Trouble” I had to agree they were what she just said, trouble. We both now know where we were or at least who was here.

Without another word we headed on foot the direction we were already facing. If I was brought here facing this direction mind as well go that way. Without realizing how hungry I was my stomach growled and so did Taylor’s the moment it started to rain.

“Great just what we needed” She raised her head mouth wide open.

“What are you doing?” I asked laughing at how funny she looked right now.

“I’m thirsty” I then knew what she was doing and shook my head at how she was going to get something to drink.

“Do you have another way” I looked around and shook my head.

“Guess not” I raised my head and opened my mouth allowing drops of water fall on my face then tongue. I didn’t know until that moment how thirsty I really was. We stood there for what seemed like forever until I finally decided we shouldn’t really get wet when night is coming.

I ran to a tree and stood there while Taylor ran toward me soaking wet and so was I.

“I think we’re going to have a long night” I told her. The rain was now coming down in buckets, great I’m already soak as it is.

“You’re telling me” We both sat down on the soaked, muddy ground and we both curled up next to each other to keep both of us warm. It seemed like forever when I finally didn’t notice the rain, both of us was shivering. There was no place to dry ourselves or eat anything and all I wanted at that moment was a bowl of cream of wheat. I closed my eyes and decided to try and rest a little before we had to move again, before I knew it I was out and so was Taylor.

Okay tell me what you thought and hopefully you all are enjoying it

And don’t forget to <----------------Vote if you like this and want more if not I'm okay with it :)