Chapter 22

A/N Sorry for late update :( but finals are around the corner meaning SUMMER!! :D so I will most likely be able to sit and write until im completely done!! So here is a better late than never chapter of Chosen <3 Please leave a comment and vote of you enjoyed!

PS this is dedicated my absolute favorite reader and fan for sticking with the story :D much appreciated!

Chapter 22

Days have gone by, in bed with my feet propped up with a soft pillow and doing nothing but drink, eat, sleep, and an hour of workouts. Everything seemed to go by in a blur and the more I realized this wasn’t mostly my fight. Katreena, of course, would end Demetri but with me on her side all the way through if she liked it or not. I was recently ordered by my very own brother/guardian to learn and study more deeply into witches and the new breed that was created roughly five hundred years ago. Many myths and truths fascinated me on how we became to be. Sean sat with me stating what was true and what was false every minute of every freaking day.

I was now sitting in my family’s office on a large round dark table that was passed down our family. Apparently this exact table was where many ancestors did there magic, potions, spells and including many hours slaving over kneading dough, similar to what my own grandmother does to this day. Although what was strange about this exact table was a single shape that clearly appeared to be some sort of symbol meaning a great deal to this family.

I was now hovering over ancient old books that were in languages I couldn’t even figure out. The words held hidden messages I was waiting to decipher, but not understanding a language was utterly useless. I sat back with a sign and folded my arms over my chest. I traced my hand over my now swollen belly and thought how this past month could have gone by so fast. A sudden knock came from the door.

“Hanna I think you should read this” Addison jogged into the room and placed an open book in front of me.

“What am I supposed to read?” I asked. She pointed at a sentence at the end of a paragraph. I squinted my eyes on the unfamiliar writing -Un copil va fi născut cunoscut ca cel ales şi curând va deţine cheia pentru a termina toate rău-

I looked up to see Taylor walk in with curiosity. “What’s up?” She asked as she looked over my shoulder and read over the sentence I just read. “Addy I think you found something”

I furrowed my brows. “What language is it in?”

Taylor traced her fingers over the timeworn lettering. “Romanian…” She whispered. I sat back with my right hand over my belly and looked at Taylor and Addison.

“What does it say?” Taylor bit her lower lip before answering. “Well this you already know, but this…” She pointed at the next sentence. -Cu toate acestea, înainte de ea întoarce ales trebuie să fie sacrificat.-

“I’ll read it from the beginning” She hesitantly said. “A child will be born known as chosen and soon will hold the key to end all evil…” She paused looking directly into my eyes. “However, before she returns the Chosen must be sacrificed”

I snapped up with cool sweat dripping down the back of my neck and forehead. I swiftly moved the back of my hand down either side of my cheek and clasped my hand around the ruby necklace. I studied it in my hand and thanked that it was only a dream… I tilted my head to the side as I turned over the necklace in my hand and noticed a word on the back for the first time. “Chosen…” I whispered silently to myself. I squeezed my eyes shut wanting nothing more to be in my normal, boring life again. I opened my eyes and looked down to see the necklace hanging right above my chest, I breathed in a sign. “Can anything get any worse?” I huffed out while I plopped back down on my pillow.