Chapter 24

Here is an AWESOME chapter where everything starts to get closer to the end of the story! Not sure how many chapters left but what I do know it will be done this summer maybe even sooner since schools out friday XD

Enjoy <3

Chapter 24

A week has passed and the desire of ending all this bull was seriously killing me from the inside out. Reading upon reading day and night seemed to get nowhere. I was more into the fact of Katreena coming back and killing the freaking vampires already. It’s really confusing how stuff works sometimes. For one the same question Why Me? Still gave me a headache once and awhile just thinking about it. Words began to blend together after a day’s worth of reading.

I was now sitting at the round table in the living room reading a potion book. The one and only potion book in our family was The Book of Prominence, the pages were seamed into the binding with hand stitched work; the pages were timeworn from many generations. Some pages, however, were blank, ready for the next generation to continue adding to the family history. I was told by my mother that for many decades, the potions were no use to them until now. Mom and I were at this moment taking notes of what could be useful for the upcoming fight. Although black potions were highly off limits, so we were limited to white potions meaning good: protection, cure battle wounds, anti-mind control… practically anything to protect or cure from a spell caused by black magic. On the other hand, the word on top of a page caught my eye. I smiled as I read what it was used for.

“Mom! I think I found a way to bring Katreena back!” I jumped out of my seat and shoved the book in her hands. She scanned her eyes across the page. I stood there motionless and speechless on what she was about to say. Her eyes lifted from the page, she beamed.

“I think we found it…” Her voice was lost for words, her eye brows furrowed as she looked back at the page. “Dear there’s a catch”

“I’ll do whatever it says” I was too excited to get this over with; I couldn’t just thrust this opportunity into the shadows.

“I know you would that’s why I’m worried” She took in a deep breath “you have to die”

My heart stopped and the first thought came to my mind. “Where is the Romanian version?” My mom’s eyes grew as she looked at me shocked.

“I didn’t tell you about that version” I nodded my head.

“No one did” I placed my hand on top of hers and squeezed “please mom, show me the book.”

“Come with me” She stood and headed up the stairs. No one was here, Taylor, Addison, Bryson, Sean, and Grams were all at Moonlight Creations looking for supplies for a ceremony that I was not to be told about for my safety. That didn’t seem like my safety was an issue. Death gave me an empty feeling inside, darkness felt like it took over my entire body. I shook my head and placed my hands over my eyes as many emotions rose to the surface. How can I do this?! I felt so alone when I had my entire family by my side the entire time. I can’t do this! Death seemed the only way and if that’s what it took to end my misery then by all means takes my life, I looked up from my hands and a flash of Bryson’s smile came into my mind. My chest rose as I began to sob. How could I end my life when mine was only beginning? I was so, so confused. The single thought of how Bryson finally sees the light of day of me, me! I straightened my shoulders and thought to myself “My life is just collateral, Katreena is the savior not me.” Everyone knew I would die in this battle; I was just too stupid to ignore the signs.

I lifted the ruby necklace in my hands as a tear escaped, falling down my cheek. Taking in a deep breath I ignored my mother’s commands and looked at the page that declared my death.