Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The guest raised the red liquid filled glasses and brought it to their lips. This made me shutter on the inside knowing I was now surrounded by the enemy. I felt Heinrik’s arm tighten around mine as I started down the stairs. I looked up next to me at Hunter finding him smiling as we headed closer and closer to what I was now afraid of. I looked straight ahead trying to find the strength within myself to calm down. As we reached the bottom of the spiral staircase Heinrik and Hunter released me and walked over and stood with the other guest.

I stood there speechless unsure on what to say, but someone placed their arm around my waist.

“We are glad to have you back Katreena” I looked up toward the voice and my heart immediately dropped to my knees.

“Likewise” I stuttered. He smiled down at me and leaned toward my lips which made me take a step back.

“Why don’t we all enjoy dinner, shall we?” I felt his arms rap around me and I wiggled out of his grasp.

“What are you doing Katreena, you didn’t miss me?” Facing him this close together brought me back to the first night I found out I was a witch. The sight of him again reminded me when he stood in the moonlight hunting Sean and me or that’s what I think he was doing, but he was even more gorgeous when I had a better look at him. He stood strong as he waited for an explanation. His blonde hair covered half of his pure dark eyes; the tux was all black suiting his dark side very well.

“Of course I did” I tried smiling and gave a quick peck on his cheek. He smiled appearing two white fangs.

“Well then let’s dine I’m starving” I nodded and wrapped my arm through his. We headed toward the opened dining room off to the side through the doubled doors. I straightened my shoulders and he released me and headed to the left. I looked over to the right and saw a waiter pull out a chair on the very end of the long dining table. Everyone has seated and was mingling until I sat down last. I swallowed as I saw a plate of snails placed on a plate for me to eat.

“Katreena this must be strange for you?” I looked up from my plate to a young woman maybe in her early twenties. Her pale beauty made me quite jealous with her shoulder length dark hair.

“Strange how?” I tried to play along as I asked her.

“This is your first possession. Am I correct” I smiled but inside I wanted to scream. I never enjoyed this topic.

“Right of course. Well I guess you get used to it till you forget” I said. She looked at me confused and nodded returning her conversation to a man sitting on the other side of her. I returned my focus to my plate. I picked the smallest fork thinking this one should be right. Placing the fork into the shell I felt someone lean toward me.

“It tastes better than it looks” I looked up from the plate to my left and saw who I’ve been waiting to see since earlier today.

“Sean” I whispered.

“Hey Hanna” I smiled ear to ear while trying to stay in my seat. He smiled back. I felt relieved and a wave of happiness came to me all at once.

“How are you are you hurt or…”

“Hanna breath” He whispered. “Breath” I took in a deep breath through the mouth out the nose. I placed my hand over my chest trying to calm my heart beat.

“Sorry ‘bout that”

“Don’t be” He said. “Better eat you must be hungry”

“Starving” I laughed.

“Again try it” He said. I looked back at the snail infested plate and dug my fork in the shell releasing a slug. I wanted to gag, but I had to eat something, I was literally starving. My stomach hurt from the smell of all the food that was to come ahead. I couldn’t wait till the next dish. I stabbed my fork into it and lifted it toward my open mouth. At first I was disgusted from the thought of having a slug in my mouth, but it tasted great actually. Texture not so much, but the garlic flavor was fantastic. I ate three more when the waiter took my dish away and replaced it with a clam chowder followed by a simple salad. The pain in my stomach was finally subsiding but I sure had room for more. The waiter came again and placed a plate with fillet minion. I grabbed the knife and fork and cut into the beef. It tasted so much better than what my mom used to make, so good. I didn’t notice I was done with it until the moment the waiter came and replaced it with gelato ice cream. Everything was fantastic I never had a five course meal; it satisfied my once empty tummy.

I looked back at Sean who was having a conversation with Heinrik who I just noticed was there. All the guardians were seated including people I never seen before. The whole table was making conversation except him who was at the end on the other side of the table. He had a drink in one hand as he stared at with his dark eyes. I smirked at him which had him return one as well. I never felt this unsafe. I looked down for a second as I heard a dinging sound coming from the other side of the long table, I looked up to see him standing as he gently tapped his fork on the crystal wine glass.

“I would like everyone to remember this night, for everyone knows what there is to come. Katreena you are our last hope and we are all honored to have you back in our covenant.” Cheers burst out, hands clapping. I had to try and smile to keep myself for whatever there was to come. I took in a deep breath as I looked back at Sean while I stood. He looked nervous and seemed he didn’t understand what the hell I was doing. As I stood there people looked at me waiting patiently for me to say something, anything at that. Taking in one last breath it all came to me suddenly.

“Thank you for those kind words” I told him, but once I looked directly into his eyes my heart leaped to my throat. I saw us together side by side as one looking over the burning village from above on a balcony. I knew then everything Katreena would know as if I was her. I had everything about her, her thoughts, memories, and her feelings. She loved him and him the same. I looked back up from my wondering thoughts and he quickly came to my side in a breeze and held my face in his hands.

“Welcome back Katreena…” He whispered against my lips. My heart was beating rapidly as I remembered everything we had and how it all began. I immediately pressed my lips against his as I heard a gasp coming from behind me, but also cheers of joy coming from almost everyone in the dining room. I took a step back immediately coming back to my thoughts Hanna’s thoughts, that’s who I am, not Katreena.

I looked around finding everyone was gone, but I was in the exact place wearing a different dress hitting the floor, it was ruby red with black stitching in the front holding me together, my breathing painful as I took in a breath. I placed my hand around my throat, but it was gone. Where is my necklace!

“Katreena there you are!” I turned my attention to the double doors seeing Hunter running my way, but he looks awfully weird dressed in an old fashioned short tunic with short trousers and boots.

“Yes” I stuttered trying to act calm.

“He has arrived” He said after placing his fist across his chest. I straightened my shoulders as we both walked out of the dining room to the entrance way, which still looked the same, but newer.

“Your Highness I would like to formally introduce you to Lord Damian Hades” I turned toward the front doors as the butler introduced him. I smiled and ran up to him which he spread his arms wide open hugging me close.

“Sean what’s going on?” I looked up at him as he still held me.

“Who’s Sean?” He looked confused and so was I in complete udder lost for words. The only question came to my mind but I dreaded the right answer, hopefully he would lie.

“What year is it….?” I asked. He took a step back as he opened his mouth slowly.

“It’s the fifteenth century, why you ask” I shook my head trying to make sense of all of this.

“Katreena come on I have a surprise for you” I looked at the familiar name as I accepted his offered arm and we walked out the front door which lead to a horse carriage.

“Where are we going?” He laughed at my question.

“What’s the purpose of calling it a surprise then” He said while he opened the door to the carriage as I placed my hand in his as I got in and sat down. He came in, someone closing the door behind him.

“Should I worry?” I asked sarcastically.

He smiled as he gestured behind him. “Not while your two guardians Hunter and Heinrik are navigating the horses” I smirked as I heard yet another familiar name.

Not much to say but comment and vote!! :D And I will upload soon as I can!!