Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The sounds of screams diminished as Sean strode into the foyer as he unrolled his sleeves. His mouth was in a straight line, but soon formed a small smile as he approached me. He wrapped his arms around me and gave a tight squeeze. Realizing what he just did, I had to ask.

“Did you…” I started but was interrupted.

“Yes and no” I furrowed my brows as he took a step back from our embrace.

“Yes I did tear them to pieces, but no I did not kill them” I was still confused.

“Hanna it’s impossible to kill a vampire, they just put themselves back together again”

“Why not burn them?” I asked.

“Again they can’t be killed” I shook my head. I was hoping they were all killed especially Demetri. He had no right. I looked up over Sean’s shoulder as tears were welled up in my eyes. He was leaning on the door frame with half a smirk spread across his lips. He seemed amused. As my right hand was clutched around the blanket I strode over to the devil himself. When I lifted my hand I took one look into his eyes. My head tilted back slightly, meeting his eyes once more a smile spread across my own lips. I placed my hand on Demetri’s cheek carelessly and placed my lips on his forcefully. Demetri chuckled as his lips moved against my own. His tongue slowly traced my bottom lip. I opened my mouth to his allowing the taste of the witches own blood that still lingered on his own tongue. I smiled as he took a deep breath of air.

“We have them played well” He whispered against my lips. As I stood there I heard forceful footsteps headed our direction.

“Let her go! You have NO RIGHT!” I took in a startle breath as my own thoughts came to me once again. My eyes began to fill with unshed tears. I turned and ran into Sean’s chest; he was only a foot away but to me felt like forever to be safe in his arms once again. He wrapped his arms around me tightly not letting me go. I heard a chuckle and knew I was in for some nightmare. Katreena takes over with one look at Demetri. I had to be strong to keep everything together; to keep myself together. However, a while ago Katreena did not take over, making me wonder does she like to know I am suffering?

“Get the hell away” Sean hissed through his teeth. All I heard was a loud laugh with a click of two doors shutting. I took in deep breaths as I let the tears shed rapidly. The feeling in the pit of my stomach was all nodded up, feeling the need to vomit my entire insides out.

I was just wishing with all I had was a normal life similar to the one I had only days ago. That was a different girl completely, someone who was beyond innocent and not even thinking of anything but asking my crush to prom. Yes prom, I somewhat let out a small chuckle as I thought of what his reaction might have been, especially Sean’s. Let’s just say they were best buds, and then it hit me.

“Sean…” I whispered against his chest.

“Yes Hanna” I felt his hand move up and down my back soothing me as I spoke.

“Did Bryson ever like me?” I asked and whishing then I haven’t even asked.

“Better ask him yourself” I took a step out of Sean’s arms and looked into his eyes questionably.

“You think I could have protected you all alone” He told me and I shook my head knowing he was right.

“Then where is he?” I asked.

“With mom and grams… They’re safe for now” Before I could forget I took in a deep breath as my body became stable without the need to shake in tears.

“I remember everything Katreena said and did as she took over… mind me asking but what was the conversation in the bathroom?” I saw hurt in his eyes as he began to spoke.

“I told her a false statement about the prophecy long ago. And what you saw in there…” He pointed towards the double doors that were now shut. I shuddered as I remembered the pain it caused me and how my heart felt stabbed at this very moment.

“Well let’s say I believe I have saved her life by telling a lie” I looked stunned how he could pull that off, especially around an evil bitch like Katreena who seemed to know everything.

“How…?”

“Hanna” He cupped his hands around my face holding me ever so gently.

“Remember the witch from your vision back in the fifteenth century?” I nodded instantly remembering the old lady jabbing her cane towards me.

“Well she is Katreena’s arch enemy; she indeed knew you were not her because she is your ancestor.” He paused, waiting for a reaction of some sort from me, and then it hit me.

“Wait, Katreena’s last name is Sanger…” I whispered as I remembered my first night here as everyone raised their glass towards me practically singing her name from wall to wall.

“Yes… and that means the old women was her grandmother.” I looked up at Sean startled as I listened to his words as carefully as possible.

“Katreena did something horrible to her. Killing was what brought her pleasure, and Demetri was the key to all she ever wanted, blood. Being a witch in a vampire kingdom shunned her to poverty, which indeed made her beyond angry. She went to the king and begged her to change her, but he of course wouldn’t do so easily. Demetri was standing right beside his father as he told this to Katreena. Their eyes met and Demetri saw a monster in her eyes, she was much more than a young witch in training, she had the ability to change how everything was” He paused taking a deep breath.

“Hanna, Katreena had the ability to control one’s mind and Demetri was far beyond vulnerable. He saw a beautiful young women kneeling before his father asking for the impossible” He rubbed the back of his neck as Taylor and Addy stepped towards us.

“Sean it’s time” Addy said in a low voice.

“What’s time?” I asked. Sean gave me a sudden warm smile, allowing me to forget everything that happened today.

“We get to go home” He said happily. But all I could say was.

“Huh?” He let out a soft laugh and placed his hand on my right cheek.

“You have fulfilled your destiny and now it’s time for hers” He placed a hand over my belly and sudden tears welled up in my eyes. So it was true! I was indeed going to bring a life to this world that was going to change history. You would think I would be furious, but the thought of something inside you or soon cause it just happened makes your heart melt. I let out a small smile and placed my hands over Sean’s.

“You will never be a mistake cause you’re going to kick daddies ass” I whispered, having everyone laugh around me.

“Hell Ya!” I looked up seeing Taylor and Addy beam, including Sean. But when looking in his eyes he was honestly tearing up inside.

“You ok?” I asked and he only shrugged.

“He will die a painful death, so yes I’m ok”

PLEASE comment and Vote!!! and even fan :D and for some reason it wont change back to PG... so ya. anyways I will upload as soon I can!!