Chapter 26

Well this is one of the last chapters... bittersweet really. So I hope you like this chapter and please I ask for a comment on this one it would mean tons <3

Enjoy :)

Chapter 26

Katreena’s POV

The boat reached the dock just when the sky turned dark and the stars and moon has fully come into perfect view. My mind was jumbled as I looped my arm with Bryson’s. I took two steps forward and then one step back as I was hesitate to step foot on the land once again. I wanted to feel confident in going to this whole thing, but I had the feelings of Hanna’s whenever I looked up at Bryson. She truly loved him and I felt complete guilt standing next to him when she should be here. Taking in a deep breath I straightened my shoulders and made sure my face held little to no emotion. I was not going to walk into the castle looking vulnerable, there was no way.

---------

The large dark doors opened swiftly. The spiral staircase lay before my eyes. I tightened my grip onto Bryson’s arm. His face closed near me as he whispered “Are you okay?” My hands shook as I fumbled thoughts in my head. I held every memory of Hanna’s life, but what hurt was the feelings and emotions that ran through my mind nonstop. I was no longer this powerful witch who died with all the anger on the stake. But rather a true sixteen year old that had problems picking out what to wear in the morning or if her hair looks like it did when she left. Every emotion seemed to heighten and I was becoming more vulnerable each second that ticked by.

“I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me” I muttered under my breath. I bit the inside of my cheek as we passed the thresh hold. My spine straightened as one of Hanna’s memories reached the service. The kiss.

I touched my lips with my finger tips and paused in mid tracks. The sudden and unexpected memory cleared my judgment. I looked straight ahead, straightened my shoulders and walked ahead with Bryson striding close behind. If I had to make this work sure in hell I wasn’t going to make myself present, I had to that my way.

My feet below me moved hastily up the stairs as I took two steps at a time. My sudden need of revenge entered my veins. Heinrik was on Hanna’s side and reminding me what I was capable of. The feeling of his lips touching hers had the emotions flood back hurriedly. The feeling of desire, want, and the need of something she couldn’t describe had the pieces come together when I felt terminate, disgust, and slaughter, those feelings where all mine. I couldn’t believe he was capable of such thing, able to tap into my emotions through Hanna. Although when I was clever enough to come through Hanna I was very much pissed when I saw Damian or aka Sean. The single thought of Damian at her side through her entire life had me shudder tremendously. I wonder how he was able to achieve such trust, but he had more power than any normal vampire, Demetri had no knowledge of his talents, and still do not. I wanted to slice a knife through his heart with great force and have him suffer what Hanna had gone through. I knew this was the only way to come back and take what Demetri has created. But the person she loved and who thought was her brother stabbed her in the heart, literally.

I reached the top of the stairs on the third floor and quickly walked down the hall straight ahead. There was only one place he would be and I was going to end him, here and now.

“Katreena!” I spun around laying eyes onto Hunter. His delicate features had him appear childlike in a man’s body. I knew otherwise of what he was truly capable of.

“Hunter…” I breathed out. I took two strides toward him and stopped a few inches away from his outstretched hand. A dagger laid across his fingers stained with blood. I traced my fingers across its blade as I spoke “Is he…”