Chapter 19

A/N so I noticied some have stopped reading... let me tell you I'm trying the best I can on updating. So please if you could just write a simple comment on what you all think cause that brings me great motivation. Besides that hope you enjoy this chapter and again I'll update as soon as I can <3

Chapter 19

“Spring practice?” Sean asked looking through the review mirror to look back at Bryson.

“No break for me!” I turned in my seat to look at him directly, to ask the yearning question I wanted to ask; since I found out he was also my guardian.

“What are you exactly?” Amusement crossed his face, as he began to register the question.

“Well that’s for another time Hanna, worry about nothing else but…her” His jaw clenched and tightened as he slowly pointed towards my abdomen. I gave a weak smile as the car came to a sudden stop.

“Dinner tonight?” I asked with a perk of hope.

“Definitely” His words made my heart want to flutter. He hopped out of the car, having his bag on his left shoulder and with a quick wave, grin he was gone. I sat back breathing in as Sean began to chuckle.

“What!” I glared towards him as he lifted his hands as if to surrender.

“Hanna calm down its hard not to laugh!” the corners of his lips lifted into a smile and amusement filled his eyes. I sat back with a huff, crossed my arms, and waited “patiently” to head home. Quiet under the breath laughs came from behind me; I turned in my seat and glared at Addison and Taylor.

“Don’t you two start” I gritted through my teeth.

“Come on Hanna it’s nice to laugh after everything that’s just happened” I bit the inside of my cheek as Addison softly brought up the subject I tried to avoid this whole way back home. I looked into their questioning, worrying looks and closed my eyes as I brought myself back to where I was just yesterday. The thought of his arms wrapped around me, had me cringing at the thought. What was worst of all was feeling useless and powerless being underneath him…

“Guess your right” I sat back and stayed silent for the rest of the ride home. I began to worry as my worries grew and grew on what the days, months, and years led on ahead. The worst part was Katreena; would she ever come back to control me again? Shaking my head I tried with all my strength to set aside all the terrible thoughts running through my mind.

Only days have passed since I’ve seen my mom and grams and that thought brought a smile to my face, it felt like months from knowing my families dark secret, I have so much to learn from them and very little time.

--------

Walking up the familiar stone path to our two story cottage home, the smell of grams cooking filled my lungs as the screen door flew open. I closed my eyes as the feeling of comfort rushed through me. Pair of arms wrapped around me suddenly brought tears to my eyes as I smelled my mother’s familiar perfume.

“Oh sweetie!” Mom still had her hands on my shoulders as she took a step back, tears stained her cheeks as she had been crying before she got here.

“Mom you okay?” A warm smile formed across her lip as she gave a quick peck on my forehead.

“You’re here now, every things just fine” I let out a sign of relief the moment my mom began to lead us all into the house.

“Sean dear, thank you”

“It’s been my pleasure” I grunted a laugh and turned to meet his eyes.

“Sean don’t start being all proper now, please, I beg you!” His right eye began to twitch, and a half evil grin began to form on his face.

“NOOO!!” I turned and ran in the house as I breathed heavily from laughing hysterically when I found grams; I hid behind her while she kneaded dough.

“Hey know, forgot to say hello?” A smile grew on my face as I stood triumphed, seeing Sean’s defeated face was all worth it, no way was anyone going to tickle me. No one.

“Hey grams” I pulled her into a close hug forgetting she was wearing an apron covered in flour.

“What smells so good” Taylor and Addison walked into the kitchen and sat at the counter stools. Mom strode in, and patted her hand on both my friends back and whispered silently in their ears. They grinned ear to ear and shot from their seats running out of the kitchen.

“What’s going on?”

“You’re going to become a witch” I looked at Sean confused and then realization hit me. The door rang.

“That must be Bryson” Mom squealed as she left the kitchen, I rolled my eyes.

“I thought I was already a witch gram”

“True you are, but dear you are much more different and this isn’t supposed to have you become a witch since you have been since birth” She paused and wiped her hands on her apron. “You need to be witched in order to receive all your powers in which will be passed down to her” Her hand was placed on my lower part of my stomach, and I let out a soft cry.

“What do I need to do grams” She gave a weak smile. Placing her hand on my cheek, I began to realize this is it, no time to lollygag or take a break. I had to start training right away. I turned and placed my hands on the counter, looking up suddenly seeing the man I had always liked secretly. His dark honey hair was recently washed and fell right above his gray eyes. His body was built for an athlete and perfectly tanned, goodness no wonder why I liked him all these years. Heat rose to my cheeks as he looked directly at me catching me staring at him, a small smile formed on his lips, as he slowly winked.

“Honey, go take a warm shower before we start” My eyes never left him as he began to walk my way, forgetting what my mom even told me to do. His hand placed on my shoulder, and for some reason every feeling I closed myself to come rushing back. Tears fell down my cheeks rapidly as Bryson pulled me close to him, wrapping his strong arms around me tightly. He pulled me up off my feet and began carrying me up the stairs off of the kitchen. Thoughts ran through my mind, as every moment I spent on that island came back. Every feeling I had, but the worst of it all was Demetri who I thought was caring to me, but truly he lust for Katreena and same she had for him.

Bryson happened to open my bedroom door and placed me on my warm and comfortable bed. I began to shake as I began to remember I had to fight, and indeed I still had no clue on what I would be fighting for. My shaking hand reached my belly, as I began to wonder how in the world was I going to bring a child to this world.

“Everything’s going to be okay, I promise with my life” He whispered softly against my ear. Bryson began to leave, but I reached suddenly for his hand bringing his worried attention and meeting my eyes. A timid smile was on his lips as he sat at the edge of my bed, making room he laid down facing my back. His arm wrapped around my waist brought me comfort and security. I slowly drifted into sleep, crying softly as Bryson murmured in my ear how he’ll be here the moment I wake up every day.