Chapter 23

Early update!! I really had to write this chapter or it would escape my mind leaving me frustrated so here it is! Enjoy <3

Chapter 23

“Hanna, wait up!” Bryson’s voice came from behind me as I heard my bedroom door shut seconds later. I was headed to my family’s office. I was still a little unstable and light headed from previous events, but my feet still moved quickly underneath me as if they knew exactly where they were going. I was thankful the doctor discharged me that very day a week ago to be exact. It seems time has been blurring together into one blink and then the next moment another day has been started all over again. When I learned about Katreena’s true plan, I couldn’t help myself but wonder more about what truly happened moments after or what happened at all. What really was on my mind was when she had a baby, since I’m here breathing with a beating heart and all. Sleeping all week gave me the opportunity to really think and when I say think I mean try and relive those moments and hopefully at least a few more seconds longer in hopes for more information. However, what all that came was constant headaches and more nosebleeds, but on the plus side I wasn’t crying blood…that thought still shook me up a tad bit.

Reaching the shut door, I placed my hand on the knob and turned slowly. The door swung open from a gush of wind. My hair blew off my shoulders surprisingly; I blinked a few times before I walked into the office. My feet padded on the cold wood floors of the large office. Rows of book shelves lined the olive green walls, with a desk and a computer on the fall wall in front of an open window. The crème curtains fell to the ground from the sudden stop of wind. I tilted my head to the side as I noticed documents were scattered on the rubicund hearth rug. I took a few steps over the threshold and stopped. I looked around as I began to notice what I didn’t before. This was the room in my vision! I smacked my forehead as I stood there dumbfounded.

“What is it?” I felt Bryson’s hand brush my waist as he passed. He had a confused look on his face as he noticed the papers on the rug. I glanced towards the center of the room and starred for a few moments. The papers were lined in a circle as if a large circled object was missing. I walked in the clear area of the rug and noticed four even out spaces were indented in the rug.

“Bryson, was there a table in here?” I asked. He turned towards me and shook his head in confusion.

“Not that I know of… I watched you in a distance, Sean would know probably” I nodded my head in understanding. I bent down and reached the nearest paper. Standing back up I observed what was on the document. The sides were jagged as if torn out of a book. I looked up and studied the room until I caught sight of a dark hard covered volume opened faced down. Bryson seemed he had read my mind and grabbed the book and walked over to my side.

“Why would someone do this?” I traced my hands on the binding where all pages were missing. Well missing as in torn out and thrown on the floor. I glanced back at the sheet of paper and looked at the unfamiliar words written in ink. The way the letters were written and how the cursive flowed brought me back.

“This is Romanian isn’t it?” I whispered out my barely parted lips. Bryson took the sheet from my shaking hands.

His eyes scanned the paper quickly from side to side, reading every word. “This isn’t just Romanian Hanna…” He paused as he placed his finger on a picture that appeared on the back. “It’s Katreena and her history” My eyes grew a little as my stomach tightened in knots in anticipation of wanting to see what she appeared to look like. Biting my lower lip I looked over and saw Katreena for the first time. Her hair dark wavy hair fell off her shoulders. Her eyes were dark as I had accepted. The painting of her seemed as if she smiled evilly just for me.

“You two look a lot alike” I narrowed my eyes and noticed and agreed with Bryson’s words. Here I was wondering how young she really looked, maybe younger than I was or the same age. Her face shape was slightly more square shaped and mine oval. Our noses appeared to be the same width which for some reason frightened me a bit since we both appeared like we could have been twins. I traced my hand over Katreena’s neck where the necklace laid safely and securely between her breasts. The gold corset dress jumped out. This was the dress I wore back in the castle, although very similar. Silver was laced on the bodice and down to a bow that was on her infuriated hips. She appeared too skinny with her hips sticking out and waist sucked in. Then again this was the style way back when which I couldn’t imagine why one would want to look this skinny in the first place.