Story of a Teenage Girl (Chapter 2)

I opened my eyes slowly, afraid that I was in heaven.

Everything was white and this beeping noise was steadily going in time with something that sounded like Darth Vader's breathing. I tried to turn my head but I couldn't, something was holding it still.

I closed my eyes and became aware of where the pain was coming from. My shoulder hurt, my neck was strapped and throbbing, my throat was dry, my knee felt swollen and I couldn't move any toes.

But worst of all, in between my legs was extremely painful; I can't describe how much it hurts.

I heard someone opening the door and shuffling around my bed, I slowly opened my eyes and saw a young woman, dressed as a nurse, attaching another bag of clear liquid to a tube that I saw ended at my wrist. I sighed and tried to speak but flinched in pain.

"Oh! You're awake! I will go get your doctor." She said cheerily. Stating the obvious much... I looked around more and saw that I was in a hospital.

Great.

But... why am I in the hospital? I can't remember how or why I'm in here. I started breathing faster and struggled to sit up.

I looked at my hands and found restraints around my wrists and legs, which made me more scared and I started having a flashback of being held down and... and... OH MY GOD!!!

An alarm started going off beside me, I ignored it and started pulling and tugging as hard as I could at the restraints. I started crying out for help and several nurses and what looked like a doctor came running in.

"STAND BACK! DON'T TOUCH HER!" the doctor yelled. Everybody in the room stepped back and looked at the doctor in confusion.

She walked over and carefully started untying my restraints. "We put restraints on you because you were squirming so much from the pain; you kept dislodging your tubes. Are you still in a lot of pain?" she asked nicely.

I just nodded and started breathing deeply to calm myself down again, my restraints were gone.

The nurses started leaving and the room was pretty much empty except for the nurse from before and the kind doctor. "I'm Doctor Lucas." She said and shook my hand gently. I looked at her and she smiled back, oh no, she must be one of those overly cheery and kind doctors that freak you out like clowns.

She dismissed the nurse and sat down on the bed beside me. I looked at my neck then at her trying to get the message across about what my injuries are. She nodded, smiled and said, "You have a severally swollen and bruised neck, a fractured knee cap and you had to have surgery on your pelvic area." She said the last part hesitantly, obviously she felt sorry and I think she was a little frightened.

I looked at her questionably and looked at the restraints that now were resting on the table beside the bed. She looked at me sadly and pulled up her sleeve, there was a shiny white scar running all around her wrist.

I looked up at her into her eyes and she said, "It happened to me four years ago, I remember waking up like you did and feeling like I was still being held down by him. Do not fret though, I think it has made me stronger and there are a few really good councilors in your area you can talk to. When you are ready too, of course."

I shook my head at her sadly, I hated councilors. I went to a few after my parents split up and my teacher committed suicide, they never helped.

They made me feel more alone, that period of my life I had tried to commit suicide so many times that it's not funny.

I saw a hand appear and it pulled my chin up, I was staring at the doctor and she looked serious, "Do not bottle this up inside you and try to hide... you won't be able to move on. Don't try to be a hero, because a real hero would seek help."

With that said she smiled and stood up getting ready to leave. "The young man who saved you has visited you every day at 4:30pm and he most probably will be back today and your family said they couldn't see you today but will try to come in tomorrow. The TV remote is connected to the bed controls. Call the nurses if you need anything."

She smiled again and walked out the room.

Wait did she just say... the boy who saved me?????????