Story of a Teenage Girl (Chapter 10)

Beep, beep, beep!

I cursed... stupid alarm clock.

I looked up and frowned. That's not my normal alarm clock. I looked around and yeah, I was still in my room.

I sat up and yawned. I looked at the funny looking alarm clock; it was 6:30am.

Aww shit... I'm going to be late!

I tried turning it off but nothing was working! What the hell! Doesn't this bloody thing have a snooze button or something!

There was a note on my desk lamp. Great dad left me a note.

I got up and took it off my lamp. It might tell me how to turn the bloody alarm clock off, and there's no harm in reading dad's notes. Its Sarah's those are really bad.

"Morning Faith!

You are going to have to walk to school because I haven't fixed your bike yet. Elizabetha needs to be picked up; could you please do it for me? Thankyou Darling! Oh Sarah will be home majority of the day today so NO BOYS!

Love you,

Dad"

Great, not only is he happy, but he is stupid too! Pfft... Boy's were the last thing on my mind, especially now.

I turned the piece of paper over and there was nothing there. No instructions about the alarm clock anywhere in sight.

I walked back over to the bedside table and pulled the clocks plug out of the wall.

Beep, beep, beep!

It's still bloody beeping!

Stuff it. Let it beep for all I care.

I quickly got dressed and had breakfast.

I looked at the time, 6:50am. Great. I ran into the bathroom and put my hair up into a quick ponytail.

I was just grabbing my bag as someone knocked on the door.

Who the...????

I opened the door and dropped my bag when I saw who was leaning on the pole in my doorway.

"Hey faith... need a ride?" Falkaan asked.

****** FALKAAN'S POV ******

It was 6:30am and I was leaning up against the hood of my car outside Faith's House.

She should be coming out any minute to start going to school.

6:40am

Still no faith, she can't have left already, can she? I could still hear, what I'm guessing is her alarm clock, going off.

She couldn't still be sleeping through that?!?!

6:50am

Okay this was getting ridiculous!

I walked over and knocked on the door. I leaned back on the pole that held up the porch and waited.

She came out within seconds looking stunning in the school uniform.

Only she could really pull off a school uniform with a bang. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before. Damn, protecting her is going to be harder than I thought.

I should probably say something, "Hey Faith... need a ride?"

Thankyou god for making my voice sound normal.

She nodded and I tried to act casual walking to the car. To tell you the truth I just wanted to jump up and down, start singing and scream how happy I was that she wanted to get into MY car. With me.

It was at that moment when she got in the car with me I finally decided that, I was going to make her mine, forever.

An awkward silence fell over us in the car and I suddenly felt really nervous... nervous? How is this happening! Especially to me!

I took a deep breath. There's nothing to it really... all I have to do now is start a conversation. But what could we really talk about that would be a safe subject?