Chapter 6

3 Months Later

Alicia’s POV

Marcus opened the envelope that night and slapped me so hard that I flew to the other side of the bed. “Don’t lie to me! I hate liars.” I remember him saying to me. My baby bump is starting to show, so people at school have been catching on to my pregnancy. Yes, I decided to keep my child. I’m worried of what people will think of me. They’ll start calling me a hoe and a slut. But they don’t know my story, or what I’ve been through. I’m mostly worried of what Daniel will say. I like him, no I think I love him. Will he be one to turn away from me like the others? I don’t know, but I hope not.

Today, my stomach is showing more than usual, my hips as well as my chest have grown larger. Walking into the school building, I get the same stares that I have been getting for the past month. Eyes full of curiosity and wonder. I want to just yell out to the world, “Yes, I Alicia Jones am pregnant!” but I can’t, because they’ll judge me. I shouldn’t care, but I’m not going to be a phony and lie and say that I don’t. Because I do.

“Hey Alicia!” Daniel cheered as he saw me walking down the hallway. “Hey!” I smiled. He wrapped his hand around my waist. “No offense but, it seems like you’ve been picking up a little weight.” He said. I gave him a look of disgust, even though it was true. “Not that it’s bad, I actually kind of like it!” He smiled at me. “Of course you do, you pervert!” I joked. He could tell that I was hiding something. “Alicia? What’s wrong?” I sighed. This was the moment, I couldn’t hide this anymore from him.

“I have something to tell you, but there are too many people around.” I said. “How about we go in there?” He pointed to an empty class room. “Okay.” I pulled him in there with me, being sure to shut the door. “What’s going on?” He asked, his eyes full of care. “I’m pregnant!” I rushed those two painful words out. “Oh, so there’s someone else?” He asked. I looked up confused. “Not that we were together, but I really liked you. And now, this happened and-“ I cut him off. “No, there’s no one else.” I said.

“Then how did this happen?” He pointed to my stomach. Lord knows I didn’t want to answer him, but I had already took the conversation so far; why not finish it? “My mother’s boyfriend raped me.” I said in a low tone. But I guess he heard me because I soon heard a loud crash. He had flipped over the table that was nearest to us. “I knew something was wrong with him! When I came over there a couple weeks ago. The way he looked at you was sickening.” He said through gritted teeth.

I had to stop him before he destroyed something else. I pulled him to me and I kissed him. I could instantly feel him soften up and wrap his hands around my waist. I pulled back and looked him directly in the eyes and said, “There’s nothing we can do now. I decided to keep the baby and I’m just going to love it and care for it as a mother should.”

He sighed and rested his forehead against mine. “Why don’t you just get on a abortion-“ He started. “Don’t even say that. How could you?” I asked my eyes filling with tears. “Baby, I’m sorry I just-“ He started to say. “No, don’t apologize. I’m pregnant and that’s all there is to say.” I yelled at him. “I’m sorry.” He said. “Whatever Daniel! Just leave, please.” I looked away from him. I heard him sigh, grab his back pack and leave the room. Tears were beginning to slip down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them away. I can’t believe he expected me to kill my baby, even though I had the same thoughts earlier in my pregnancy.

I had to hurry and get to class before I was late, so I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. “So you’re pregnant huh?” An evil voice snarled from behind me. I turned around to see someone who has given me nothing but hell ever since I got here, Kelsey. I don’t know why she hates me so much, but she just does. “How did you know about that?” I asked with my voice full of worry.