Chapter 17

Alicia’s POV

We ended up going to the park. It was really nice to just walk around and enjoy the cool breeze blowing against my skin. Daniel did buy us ice cream, and Bri got even happier when we sat down at a picnic table and she started coloring.

“Well, it’s getting late. I should get you guys back home.” Daniel said as he stretched. “But I’m not ready to go yet.” Bri whined. I saw Daniel roll his eyes and look away, but I didn’t think much of it. Maybe he was thinking about something else. “It’s okay Dan. I’ll just walk us home when she’s ready to leave. My house isn’t that far.”

“Okay, cool!” He said as he hopped up from the table. “Deuces!” And with that, he left. I was left in shock, I thought that he would at least ask if I was sure. But no, he just gets up and leaves. What a jerk! I thought to myself. “Mommy, I’m going to play with him! He has a bike!” Bri says getting up from the table, before I can reply. She’s heading straight for the boy on his bicycle.

She turns to smile and wave at me and the boy looks back for I’m guessing his mom. When they both turn around, they end up crashing into each other. I gasp and jog over to them. They’re both wailing like they just got shot or something. “Are y’all okay?” I ask. “Bryson! You need to watch where you’re going!” I hear a deep manly voice say.

“Ma’am I’m so sorry-“ I look up, and to my surprise I see Brandon standing in front of me. Looking manlier and muscular than ever before. I couldn’t help the thoughts that started rushing through my brain from this sudden reunion. “Alicia?” He asks shocked. “Brandon.” I say astonished. We both instantly engulf ourselves into a tight hug.

Suddenly, I feel two little hands tugging at my pants. “Mommy? Who is he?” Brianna asks me. “This is Brandon. And that’s Bryson, his son.” I say pointing to them. “ Hi, Brandon and Bryson, nice to meet you! Bri cheers, using the manners that I taught her. “I’ve seen you before sweetie, it’s nice to see you again!” Brandon says picking her up and spinning her around. “And my name’s Alicia. Nice to see you again too lil’ man!” I smile at Bryson.

Brandon and I end up walking to a bench and sitting down, starting up a conversation like I never left while the kids went to play. I told him everything, everything. He was disappointed in me in my decision of becoming a stripper. But he understood why I did it, and he’s proud of me for what I’m doing now.

“So, what brings you out to D.C.?” I ask him. “I go to Howard, I’m studying Architecture.” “No way!” I say, “I go there studying journalism!” “I knew you’d do that! You’re going to get far!” I smile, “You too!” I look up and see that the Sun is almost all the way set and the street lights are about to come on. “I guess it’s time for us to go. Hey, can I get your number?” I ask him. He gives me his number and we go our separate ways.

“Do you like him?” Brianna’s little voice catches me off guard. “Yes, as a friend!” I try to lie. “Nuh uh! I think you really really like him! He makes you smile more than Daniel. But don’t catch his cooties mommy. That would be gross!” Bri laughs. “Okay, I won’t!” I smile as we reach our house.

“Go on to the bathroom, you take your bath, eat dinner, brush your teeth, and go to bed.” “But-“ Brianna starts. “No buts.” I reply. “Okay.” She sighs. I chuckle and shake my head, she is too much for me.

After Brianna is set for bed, I’m sitting on the couch and I get a call from Daniel. I roll my eyes and answer the phone.

Phone Conversation

“Hello?” I say.

“Hey, what’s up? Did y’all make it home safe?”

“Yes, no thanks to you!” I retort.

“What’s with the attitude? I just asked a simple question.”

“You know what Daniel? I don’t have time for this, bye!”

End of Phone Conversation

I put my phone down and close my eyes. Not even two minutes later, my phone buzzes signifying that I have a text message. I groan and pick it up.

Text Conversation

                From: Brandon

“Goodnight Beautiful, it was really nice seeing you again! Give Bri a kiss for me! J”

“Night, do the same for Bryson! See you next time!”

End of Text Conversation

That simple text message made my night. After I cleaned up a little bit, I took a shower and went to bed. Let’s see what tomorrow’s going to be like. I think to myself as I drift off to sleep.

A/N: Okay, I’m not even going to lie. I’ve just been really lazy and that’s why I haven’t updated. Sorry y’all. Umm, this chapter is kind of a filler I guess! Idk…but sorry again for the long wait. Please COMMENT 3+ and VOTE 5+ … thanks you guys for being patient with me!