Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

S/O TO MY NEW EDITOR @LIYAHDOCIOUS EVERYONE GO FOLLOW MY BESTIE! CHARACTER CHANGE! ALICIA IS IMANI HAKIM NOW INSTEAD OF KEKE PALMER, IF YOU DIDN’T NOTICE THE BOOK COVER CHANGE! AND WHO WANTS TO MAKE ME A NEW COVER BECAUSE MINE IS SUCKISH? NO ONE? OKAY…

Alicia’s POV

I can’t believe I just said all of that. I poured out all of my feelings for this boy and he just looks at me. Just looks at me! Seriously? Now my name is going to be going around the school again. My life is horrible right now. “What happened?” Sandra asked me as I approached my car. I told her about my plan and what I was going to say to Daniel, so she’s been waiting over here by our cars the whole time.

“I told him everything and he didn’t have anything to say. I feel so stupid and embarrassed.” I cried as she pulled me into a hug. “Shh! It’s okay Alicia. Everything will be fine.” She said “I don’t have time for this. I need to get my baby and go do my homework.” I replied as we released our grips from around each other.

“Okay, you can follow me to my house.” Sandra said “Alright.” I sighed as I got in my car. As we were pulling off, I looked up and saw Daniel looking at me. I shook my head and gave him the finger before pulling off, following Sandra to her house.

When we got there, I got Bre and all of her things, thanked Mrs. Price, and drove back home. When I got inside my house, I made small talk with everyone before going up to my room and locking the door behind me. “How’s my baby doing?” I grinned at Bre. She just giggled and played with my hair.

I played with her for a little while, then put her on the floor on her baby blanket so she could roll around a little while I did my homework. I finished all of my homework about two hours later. It was seven o’clock now and it was past Bre’s bedtime. I gave her a bath, fed her a bottle, and rocked her to sleep.

Saturday Morning: 10 AM

All week, I’ve been avoiding Daniel. He’s been trying to talk to me but I really don’t want to hear his bull right now. I need to move on with my life and find another guy if he doesn’t want to be in my life. I decided to enroll Bre and I in this ‘Mommy and Me’ class because I want us to have a strong bond. And I also didn’t want us to be in the house all day.

Maybe today I can meet other teenage mothers who have been in my position. It’s really hard to find someone who understands me because they haven’t been through what I’ve been through. When I walked in the door, I saw all types of mothers. Young mothers, old mothers, black mothers, white mothers, fat mothers, skinny mothers, and then I saw a man. A man? I thought to myself.

Sure enough, there was a man in the class. I don’t know why he was here but maybe he was feeling in for his girlfriend or wife or something. I don’t know but he looked really weird in this class. I wasn’t going to judge him until I found out why he was here though.

All of a sudden, this chirpy white woman walked in with brunette hair and beautiful green eyes. “Okay class! Since it’s the first day, how about we just introduce ourselves today?” The lady asked. Everyone said ‘Okay!’ or nodded their heads to approve of her suggestion. “Okay, I’ll start and then we’ll go to my left and around the circle.” She said “My name is Mrs. Jennifer Rogers and I will be your instructor over the course of these few months of class. I’ve been married for six going on seven years and my husband and I have three beautiful boys aged five, three, and one.” Mrs. Rogers said before she pointed to the lady to the left of her.

As we went around the circle, I got more and more nervous because I realized that I was the youngest person there. Once again, I would be labeled as a ‘Hoe’ or a ‘Slut’. I was about to get up and leave, but it was too late. It was already my turn.