Chapter 8

LET ME KNOW IF THE SLIDESHOW WORKS IN THE EXTERNAL LINK! I TRIED TO POST IT ON THE LAST CHAPTER, BUT I DID SOMETHING WRONG AND IT DIDN'T SHOW! PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES, I HAVEN'T EDITED THIS CHAPTER YET BUT I WILL!

Sandra’s POV

When I asked Alicia about her room being like an apartment, I felt her tense up. I didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable on our first day of meeting each other so I said, “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” But she replied, “No, no. It’s okay. I don’t know why, but I feel like I can trust you with this information so I’m just going to tell you.”

She began to tell me the story of her life, including the fact that she was raped. When she was done, I felt really sorry for her. She’s been through so much but she still manages to keep a smile on her face. “Wow, I’m so sorry to hear all of that.” I said. “Yeah, me too. But it is what it is. You have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone.” She pleaded.

“Who am I going to tell? I don’t have any friends.” I laughed and she laughed with me. “I don’t understand how you don’t have friends, you’re really cool!” She smiled. “Likewise, if the people you used to hang out were really your friends, they would have given you a chance to explain this mishap.” I said.

“Yeah, I guess so. Hey, can I get you something to eat or drink?” She asked. “What do you have?” “I have water and crackers. That’s all for right now!” She laughed. “I don’t even know why I asked that and I don’t have any food!” She chuckled. “Well, I’ll just take some water then!” I smiled.

Alicia’s POV

After telling Sandra about my past, I felt a lot better. I guess it is true when they say that speaking up about your problems helps you. I got Sandra and I some water bottles and went back to sit on the couch next to her.

“So, how does it feel to have a daughter?” Sandra asked me. “Well, I haven’t really gotten the full experience since she’s only one week right now. But, so far it’s been great!” I smiled. “I’m not trying to be nosey or anything, but what are you going to tell her when she grows up? What if she asks about her dad?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. I’m hoping that before she gets to that age of asking a million and one questions, that I would have found someone to be the father figure for her.” I said. I don’t want my daughter to grow up in this house, with this abusive man. And I refuse to let that happen.

“That’s a good plan and I hope that everything goes well.” She smiled. “Thank you!” “No problem. Hey, it’s getting late. I should get going. Can I have your number?” “Sure!” We exchanged numbers. “I’ll see you tomorrow though.” She stood up. “Okay, I’ll walk you out.” I said. Before we left, I put Bre in her crib and closed her room door. I then walked to my main door, shut it, and locked it with my key.

Sandra looked at me as if she were sorry for me. “It’s okay. We’ll be fine.” I smiled. We walked downstairs and she left. I ran back up to my room, unlocked the door, and then locked it again after I walked in. I sighed and sat down on my couch after grabbing my journal. I began to write a new entry…

Dear Diary,

                I’m scared out of my mind for my child. I don’t want to stay here in this house with Marcus. What if he hurts my baby? I have to keep her as safe as can be. I need to register her into daycare because she is not staying here with my mom if Marcus is going to be around. So far, Bre has been a good girl. She’s very quiet unless she’s hungry or needs her diaper changed. She’s such a beauty and I love her with all of my heart, already. Well, she’s getting fussy now. Goodnight journal.