Chapter 7

I ONLY EDITED THE BEGINNING SO EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES...CHARACTERS IN EXTERNAL LINK! DEDICATED TO @WETHEPEOPLEMINDLESS EVERYONE PLEASE GO FOLLOW HER AND SHOW HER SOME LOVE ON HER STORIES!

Alicia’s POV: 12 PM

It took a while, but I convinced Marcus to build in a kitchen and small bedroom inside of my room and let me get a lock on my door like a regular house does. The construction workers knocked out the wall from the room that was next to mine, giving me a lot more space. Not saying that my room was small, but now it’s huge. Inside the kitchen was a washer and dryer stacked on top of each other, like in a small apartment. My room already had a couch in it and a television in front of it, so that was like my living room. Being that the house is so big, I don’t want to have to get up in the middle of the night and walk so far just to get to the kitchen and make my baby a bottle. It would be too much of a hassle. I basically have a two bedroom apartment now. I won’t ever really have to leave my room.

Since it’s nearing time for me to give birth to Brianna, I’ve been running around like crazy. I’ve been making sure that the construction workers are building my add-ons the way I want them. I’ve been trying to buy outfits, diapers, formula, and also trying to stay healthy and get enough rest. If just being pregnant is hard, then how will it be when I have her? This is going to be a challenge.

There was a knock on the door, “Come in!” I said. “Wow! This looks really nice!” My mama said as she looked at the add-ons. “Thanks! I’m just ready for them to paint so they can leave. I’m tired of them being here every day.” I replied referring to the men who were reconstructing my bedroom. “It’s almost over!” She smiled as she sat down next to me on my bed. “I know!” I said in an off tone. “What’s wrong?” She asked me.

“Nothing, I’m just worried about Brianna!” “Who?” My mom asked. “Brianna, my baby!” I smiled at the thought of being able to hold her in my hands in a couple weeks. “Oh, you named her already?” She asked. “Yeah. Brianna Naomi. Brianna means strong and Naomi means beautiful.” “That’s such a pretty name, with a beautiful meaning! I can’t wait to see my little Bre!” My mom replied already giving Brianna a nickname. “Yeah, me either!” I smiled.

Shelly’s POV

I was talking to Alicia about Brianna when all of a sudden her facial expression changed. “What’s wrong honey?”  I asked her. “M-mama. I think my water just broke!” She said looking down. I looked down as well and saw that there was a puddle underneath where she was sitting.

“Oh my gosh! Let’s get you to the hospital!” I stated as I helped her off of the bed and out her bedroom door but not before grabbing her overnight bag with her change of clothes. “Sam!” I yelled. “Yes Miss?” He asked. “Open the door and have the chauffeur pull out front.” He was about to question me until he looked at Alicia. By the look on his face, I could tell that he realized that she was going into labor. “Right away Miss.” Samuel replied as he ran off to get our driver.

The driver pulled up not too much later. I got Alicia in as fast as I could and ordered him, “To the hospital!” He sped off and we got to the hospital in no time. As soon as we got to the hospital, nurses rushed to Alicia, got her into a wheel chair, and wheeled her away.

I signed Alicia in at the front desk and sat in the waiting room until a nurse came and asked me if I wanted to be in the room with her. Of course I said yes. I rushed to the back and scrubbed down before entering her room. “How you feeling baby?” I asked as I held her hand. “Horrible!” She panted. “I’m sorry honey. It’ll all be over before you know it.” I smiled trying to calm her down.

17 Hours Later

Tears were pouring down my face. Today, on April 17th, my grandbaby was just born and she’s beautiful. Brianna Naomi Jones. I looked over at Alicia to see her eyes daring too close but before they do she says, “Can I see my baby?” “Sure thing!” The nurse said as she cleaned Bre up, wrapped her in a towel, and handed her to Alicia. “She’s gorgeous!” Alicia said barely above a whisper while a tear swept across her cheek.