Chapter 13

Jessica’s POV

As soon as I said those last four words, “Marcus is your father…”, Alicia blacked out. “Oh my gosh!” I yelped as I scurried to Alicia’s side of the booth to get Bre out of her arms before Bre was crushed. I then jogged to the bathroom with Bre in my arms crying and reaching for her mother.

I got a couple paper towels, wet them with cold water, and hurried back to the table. I laid Bre down on the seat, with her knees hanging off of the side. I know it’s very unsanitary to lay out on restaurant seats, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

About 15 minutes later, she woke up. I released a sigh of relief because I thought I’d have to take her to the hospital  and Bre was crying for her the whole time. As soon as Alicia sat up, Bre reached her arms out for her. “What happened?” Alicia asked in a dazed tone.

“You passed out honey!” I replied giving her a genuine smile. Alicia took Bre out of my arms and said, “I’m sorry baby!” Then she kissed her forehead. “A-are you sure, that he’s my father?” Alicia stuttered. I nodded my head yes as a response. She sighed and shook her head before muttering a simple, “Thank you.” Then she left.

I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders because I had been holding in all of that information for so long. It was time that she needed to know, now that she’d matured into a young adult.

Alicia’s POV

After I hooked Bre into her car seat, I sat in the driver’s seat and cried. I needed someone to talk to. I would have called Sandra, but I wanted to be held in a warm embrace with strong arms wrapped around me. There was only one person to call, Brandon.

Phone Conversation

Me: Br-brandon?

Brandon: What’s wrong?

Me: Can I come over your house?

Brandon: Yeah, I’ll text you my address.

Me: Okay, thank you.

Brandon: No problem, see you in a little while.

End of Phone Conversation

After Brandon text me his address, I realized that he only lived two streets behind me. I didn’t need to GPS, I only had to remember his house number. When I pulled up to the house, I took Bre out of her seat and grabbed her baby bag as well as my purse.

I guess Brandon heard my car pull up, because before I reached the porch, he was at the door. Shirtless. I knocked those thoughts to the back of my head as I continued to walk to the front door. When I got there, he took Bre and our bags out of my hand. He then stepped out of the way to let me into the house.

“Just follow me.” He stated after he locked the door. I nodded my head and followed him to his bedroom. He put Bre in the crib with Bryson, and our bags on the floor. “What’s wrong babe?” He asked me as he pulled me into his lap, after he sat on his bed.“He’s my father.” I whimpered “Who?” He asked me “M-marcus.”

Brandon’s POV

I don’t think I heard her correctly, did she just say that that bastard is her father. He’s Bre’s daddy too…that means that he’s Bre’s grandpa and dad. That’s sickening. I was boiling on the inside. Even though Bre and Alicia have only been in my life for a short period of time, they mean everything to me. Other than my son.

I was trying to control my anger, so I sat Alicia down on my bed and walked out of my room. I just started walking downstairs to my basement, where my punching bag was. I just started throwing punches. Right hooks, left hooks, uppercuts, and jabs. The bag was going everywhere.