Chapter 16

OKAY SO, BRE’S NAME IS SPELLED BRIANNA SO WHY I HAVE BEEN PUTTING BRE INSTEAD OF BRI? IDK…SO FROM NOW ON ITS BRI! K, THAT’S ALL. CONTINUE READING!

Alicia’s POV

After Daniel was finished setting up Bri’s room, I walked him out to his car. He asked me to go out with him somewhere this weekend. I told him that I couldn’t because I hadn’t gotten a baby sitter for Bri yet, then he went on to say that I could bring her with me. I guess we were going out as a family this weekend.

I was so confused because I didn’t know if I still had feelings for him or not. I mean, I felt something for him, but I didn’t know if it was love or just that I liked him. I decided to call Ms. Sandy because she always gave good advice.

She told me to just go with the flow, and see where it takes me. She also told me to trust in God and everything will work out in the end. I just want to know if this is where I’m supposed to be right now in my life. But I’ve come a long way.

Dear Diary,

                Over the last year, I’ve grown into a beautiful young lady. After stripping for a couple months and saving up the money I made, Ms. Sandy made me quit. She helped me find the Lord again and I’ve never been stronger in my life.

                I’m a good mother to Brianna and we have a really strong bond. I have enough money saved up to pay my bills for the first five months of living here. But I’m going to start my job at the book store next week.I need to enroll Bri into daycare first though. I guess I’ll look tomorrow.

                I start college in two weeks. I’m going to Howard University here in D.C. to study Journalism. To say that I’m nervous would be an understatement. I don’t know how I’m going to do this all on my own. I wish my mom was here right now to help me get through this.

The Next Day

“Bri! Wake up baby!” I called out to her “Hmm?” She mumbled still half asleep. I just laughed at her, got her dressed and fed, and headed out the door. I buckled Bri into her seat and started driving down the street. I was just cruising around trying to find a daycare center when I saw a bright green flyer in the window of a grocery store. It read, “BRING YOUR KIDS TO GRANS ON 153rd STREET, ALL CHILDREN AGES 0-13 ARE WELCOME!” I decided to swing by and check it out.

When I walked into the building, it looked really clean and polished so I already had a good feeling about it. “Well who’s this precious little angel?” An older woman with a few gray hairs came up to us. “This is Brianna, so hi Bri!” She just hid behind my leg. “I’m Gran, nice to meet you!” The lady laughed and shook my hand “I’m Alicia, so I was thinking about enrolling my daughter here.”

“Okay, well do you have any questions for me?” “Um, yes. Is it possible that I can get a tour of your facility?” “Sure thing, come this way.” Gran said. After getting a tour of the area and filling out the forms for enrollment, Bri and I headed home.

That Weekend

“Ding-dong.” The doorbell rang signaling that Daniel was here to pick us up for our “family” outing. I didn’t know where we were going so I put on some shorts, a tank top, and a pair of chucks. Bri had on a dress and some cute little sandals. I opened up the door to reveal Daniel standing there in some cargo shorts, a polo shirt, and some chucks. “We’re twinning today?” I asked and we laughed together.

“I guess so, where’s Bri?” “Right here!” Bri smiled as she came out of her room with a coloring book and some pencils. “Bri, put that away we’re about to go!” Her bottom lip started to quiver as she pouted, “But mommy I want to color!” “No, put it away!” “Mommy!” She whined “Brianna, no!” “But-“ I got frustrated so I yelled at her, “NO! What did I say? Put it away, now!”

I saw a lone tear escape from her eye and it instantly broke my heart, but she had to understand that no means no. She ran to her room. “Did you have to do all of that?” Daniel said startling me because I forgot he was standing behind me. “She had to learn!” “Whatever you say mommy!” He replied as he walked into her room.

A few minutes later he came out carrying a giggly Brianna. “What did you say to her?” I asked him. He’d already learned how to make her feel better; she never does that with me. She gives me the silent treatment for at least an hour, can you say drama queen? “I told her that I’d buy her ice cream and that she could color.” He shrugs as he walks past me with her coloring things in his hands that I hadn’t noticed earlier.

“But what did I say?” I asked frustrated crossing my arms over my chest. “Calm down babe!” He said as he kissed me on the lips. “She can color in my car!” I was completely dazed after that, I wasn’t expecting that one.

A/N: Okay, sorry that I haven’t updated in 10 gazillion years. After I reached my goal,  I got lazy. I’ll try my best to be un-lazy (lol) and update more often. Oh, and I know I skipped around. I'm just trying to speed up the story. It seems slow to me. Here’s a quick little update. 5+ votes and 3+ comments por favor!