Mad Mother

"I can not believe you Robert Christopher Crawley! Out off all the young ladies, you chose that American, overdressed, thinks-she-is-above-us girl! How disappointing."

Robert sighed at his mother. " She isn't overdressed nor does she think she's above us." Robert explained. "The only reason why I am marrying her is because she has money. A lot of it. I hardly even love Cora, mama"

"The Grenville girls would have better better than her!" Violet went on.

"Mama! She has money, and I know that you and Papa both don't want Downton to go away. If I marry her she will save Downton form going down in the mine."

"Fine. I guess I can agree to that, but still! Cora Levison has a countess! She isn't even a true lady, so how do you expect her to be a countess?"

Robert sighed. His mother did have a point. "I guess you're right mama."

"Of course I am right! I am never wrong!" Violet pointed out. "And the day I am wrong will be a very historic day."

Robert rolled his eyes. "Yes, Mama. Of course it will be a very historic day."

"I know." Violet smirked. "Now, back to our topic, about the American. What about her mother? Have you seen her?"

"Yes, I know her mother is horrid but she will only be here for a few more weeks, and then some after the wedding."

"Weeks? Robert, my son, a wedding does not happen in weeks, it happens in months. There is the setting up and writing invitations and everything! You and Cora will be married at least in late July or early August."

"Oh," muttered Robert, "sorry."

"No need to be sorry my dear boy. You have never gotten married and this is all new to you."

"I know. I know." Robert sighed.

"Now Robert, have you told your father about your proposal?"

"Of course. He is the first person I would tell."

"Yes, yes. What did he say about this whole thing?"

"Well," Robert started. "he said that I had done my duty of marrying an heiress, and he can finally sleep well." Robert chuckled a little and looked at his Mama.

Violet rolled her silver-blue eyes to the celling and muttered something to her self. "I still can't belive you Robert Christopher Crawley!"

"I know mother. I have a mad mother right now."

"You better believe so!" And Violet then walked out of the room to write some letters.