All Her Dances

"Robert!" Rosamund barked.

Robert turned around to see his older sister Rosamund and a beautiful dark haired woman next to her. "Yes Rosamund?" He asked annoyed.

"Meet Miss Levinson from America. Miss Levinson, this is my younger brother Viscount Downton."

"Miss Levinson," Robert bowed slightly and kissed her gloved hand. "it is a pleasure to meet you."

"And you Viscount Downton," Cora replied blushing slightly.

"Have you your dance card on you?" Robert asked shyly.

"Yes," Cora nodded and pointed to the red band on her wrist.

"May I dance with you?"

"Of course. Do you want the waltz? I have some open." Cora suggested looking at her spots on her card.

"Robert smiled slightly as Cora marked one of the waltz with a pencil.

"Um," Robert asked hesitantly. "May I just have all your waltzes?"

Cora looked up at Robert. Her blue eyes looked into his blue-gray eyes. "All of them?" She asked.

"Yes. All of them if you don't mind." Robert braced himself for the worst but was surprised when Cora smiled and nodded yes.

~~~

The first waltz that Cora and Robert had was perfect. Cora wasn't a bad dancer at all. Robert found Miss Levinson very charming. Her navy dresses with gold embellishments, and her gold jewelry flattered her.

"I'm awfully surprised Viscount Downton," Cora started looking up at him. "I didn't think you would want to dance with me."

"Oh? Why do you say that." Robert tilted his head genially surprised

"Most English men and woman think that because I am an American, I am unrefined and loud and opinionated."

Robert's jaw almost dropped at this statement. "But, that is not true! You are not unrefined and you aren't loud! Don't change for anyone Miss Levinson. You are perfect just the way you are."

Robert watched Cora blush and look at the ground. "I'm sorry," Robert muttered.

"No. Viscount Downton, don't be sorry. I'm actually quite happy someone enjoys me got who I am." Cora let out a nervous giggle and looked up at Robert. He wants smiling but his eyes were smiling for him. He was so gentle yet very protective and masculine.

"Well, if anyone says anything nasty to you, tell me and I will deal with it."

"Thank you," Cora replied smiling widely. Robert was very happy he had made Cora happy.

"Not to worry. Now, is this out last waltz?"

"I'm afraid so," Cora replied frowning now.

"Well then, let's make this one perfect." Robert exclaimed holding Cora's small hand tighter than before.

"Yes. We should!" Cora nodded in agreement but all she could think was Viscount Downton took all her dances.

~~~

Thanks for reading (:! vote and comment pls!