The Earl and Countess

A/N: This is like Roberts getting ready for the wedding and stuff(:

Robert Crawley fixed his tie and smoothed of his jacket. He was standing alone in his room before his father came in.

"Well, my boy," Robert's father started as he sat down in a chair. "You did it. You have done your duty of saving Downton. I'm so proud of you. Everyone is. Even your Mama."

Robert gave a stiff laugh and looked at his father. "I know. Thank you."

"You're welcome Robert. Now, I must be off. Good luck with it all, son." Robert's father nodded and went out the door.

"Robert!" A voice cried.

Robert smiled a little. It was his sister Rosamund.

"There you are! I have been looking all over for my younger brother!" Rosamund let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Well, you found me." Robert answered fixing his tie.

"Yes, yes! I came to tell you how happy I am for you! I will finally have a sister!"

"Well, a sister-in-law." Robert corrected.

Rosamund rolled her eyes, "Yes, I know. Same thing sort of. But I can't believe m little brother is getting married. It seems like just yesterday when you were born into this world. I remember how disappointed I was because you were, well, a boy!"

Robert chuckled. "I know, you have told me this so many times. You always complain about having a bother, and I always complain about having a sister."

Rosamund shrugged. "I guess. But today is your day. And so, good luck,"

Robert nodded and walked down stairs to find his mother.

"Robert, Robert," Violet sighed, "there you are! I was thinking we were going to be late, but thank God we aren't. Now, come on! Good luck my son! Even though I don't like your chose in women, I love you."

"Umm, thanks mama. I love you too," Robert said as he walked outside to the carriage with his mother. He couldn't wait to get his hands on Cora's cash afterwards...

••••

When Robert arrived at the church, there were already so many people there. Robert sighed.

"Robert!" A voice behind him exclaimed. "There you are! I was wondering if you were going to be late or, not show up."

Robert grinned, "Hello James! How's my best man doing? I think I'm going to be sick,"

"Don't be. You are going to be the luckiest man ever. You have chosen an extremely beautiful wife. You have a strong future ahead of you. Good luck, my best friend."

Robert felt like he was going to cry. He would miss hanging out with James on Wednesday. He would miss having his old life, but then again, James was right about having an extremely beautiful (and wealthy) wife.
•••

When the famous wedding music stated playing, Robert knew it was time to take his place. He stared straight ahead, but he couldn't help but catch a quick glimpse of Cora in he wedding dress.

Cora's brown hair was up perfectly. She looked like an angel in her white wedding gown. Her long veil had sparkles and diamonds on it. She looked like a queen.

"Wow," Robert sighed, "you look beautiful Miss Levison."

"And he you look very handsome Viscount Downton." Cora whispered and blushed.

"Thank you," Robert replied. "I can't wait until we are officially married."

•••

They stood there for about twenty minutes, hearing the wedding vows. But when the kissing part came, it felt like slow motion. It was the first real kids that meant a lot. It meant that Robert and Cora where the official Earl and Countess of Grantham.

•••
Thanks for reading! I'm not done with this story yet!! I hope you guys like it!! Vote and Comment <3

•••