The Bathroom Stall|Note Forty-One

Note Forty-One

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz
I'm about to puke.
Sent: 9/15 6:45 p.m.

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts
?
Sent: 9/15 6:50 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz
I'm sending this message with my phone under an Old Chicago dinner table, as Terrence's sister talks with Tucker, and that asshole watches me.
Sent: 9/15 6:51 p.m.

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts
Whoa, whoa, start from the beginnning.
Sent: 9/15 6:52 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz
Later!! He's approaching my seat.
Sent: 9/15 6:54 p.m.

"Hey Cora." Terrence said, a small smirk on his face as he looked down at me. I quickly set my phone on the table and returned his greeting with an icy, tight lipped smile (half because I was afraid there was zucchini peel stuck in my teeth and half because I wanted to intimidate his ass). "How are you?"

"Doing great, perfect, awesome."

'No you asshole, you cheated on me over the summer and snog random girls in front of me during AP Biology. I'd rather live in a hole with a dead penguin for company than even talk to you,' I fumed mentally.

"So uh, what're you doing here with Tucker?"

"Eating."

"That's, uh...cool. You two dating?"

My eyes narrowed into slits, probably making me look like a pissed off Asian. My mom would be proud. "I don't see how that is any of your business."

Terrence physically took a step back from me. "Woah, sorry."

I commenced eating, jabbing my fork into my Stromboli and angrily cutting it into pieces.

Terrence's sister kept blabbing to Tucker.

Tucker kept on looking over at Terrence and I.

Terrence looked uncomfortable.

This was going to be a long evening.