The Bathroom Stall|Note Eight

Note Eight

Honey, love you :) Have a good day at school.
~Mom

I rolled my eyes then grinned, folding my mom's pink note, half scribbled in English, and the other half in Chinese, and tucking it in my back pocket, before resuming my lunch hunting, going past the egg and shrimp stirfry and yogurt to get to the cheesecake brownie buried at the very bottom.

"You look like a freaking squirrel looking for some nuts before winter." Jacklyn remarked next to me, sitting down on the ground and working on her English homework.

"I haven't gotten nut since I broke up with Terrence." I replied lightly, grinning down at my best friend as she scrunched up her face.

"Ew, I did not need to know about your sex life."

I laughed before settling myself down next to her and taking a huge bite of my chocolate snack. "You know I would never have sex with him, especially him."

Jacklyn flung an arm around me. "Of course. I was just teasing."

My smile was strained, even though I had a mouthful of heaven. Around my friends, even around my best one, I tended to take my two year relationship breakup as lightly as possible. Shifting a little as my phone buzzed, I groaned when I saw the new message.

From: Sam Whitten To: Cora Roberts
2day at 4 again? Pleaz?
Sent: 8/30 12:34 p.m.