The Bathroom Stall|Note Eighteen

Note Eighteen

CELLULAR RESPIRATION PARTNER PROJECT

GOAL: CREATE A MODEL OF CELLULAR RESPIRATION IN EVERY SINGLE STEP.

DUE DATE: 9/25

I bit my lip as the project paper was slid over to me by Mr. Risling, stress already building up in my body as I realized how much work this was going to take.

"I know y'all are probably already finding your partner. Mr. Smith, phone away please, but for this project, the person you'll be working with is currently sitting next to you. I expect only the best from every single one of you. Understand? You will have the rest of class to plan. This project will be done out of class." Mr. Risling said, smacking his hand on the extra papers for unneccesary emphasis.

Slowly, my body froze and then I turned to my left, giving Tucker a weak smile.

The said boy looked slightly panicked as he stared down at his paper, but his frown slowly smoothed out on his tan face and he gave me a smile too, throwing me off guard.

"Sooo...." I muttered. "Well, um, I kinda know you since you're Sam's friend and I've seen you around... like, um, at Andy's Burgers?"

He nodded slowly, raising an eyebrow in humor. "Yeah. I know you. So how are we going to do this project?"

My asianess kicked in, and I went on about different colored marshmellows representing different elements and toothpicks, Tucker taking notes occasionally.

When the end of class came, I felt better than an hour ago: Terrence wasn't bothering me and Tucker wasn't being weird and scowly like he always was whenever I was with Sam which actually kind of nice.

"So... Can I have a phone number to text you when we can meet together tomorrow at my house?"

Real panic flashed across his eyes and he dropped his pencil on the black countertop. "Um, I'd rather not text."

"Okayyyy." I drawled uncertainly, "can I get a phone number to call?"

He nodded and swallowed nervously, giving it to me. "Just call me okay?"

I nodded, frowning as he walked out of the classroom quickly without another word.

Didn't Tucker have a cell phone when he gave my food at Andy's Garden Burgers?